1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge Twintake CAI

pinterovski Sep 8, 2011

1. pinterovski

pinterovski Member

I already get the package today :w00t: Delivery-that was fast!!!
    I really thought that ITG is smaller but it's NOT :moa: I will fit it tomorrow!

2. Faz786

Faz786 New Member

let us know how it sounds

try take a vid

3. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Did you find the ITG got louder when mapped? I have got the ITG and yesterday fitted the Forge diverter valve and the sound now is fantastic! Love the chatter/fluttering noise when you back off on full boost.

I am just waiting on my Milltek to be delivered along with the REVO SPS then I am at stage 2. Stage2+ next year.

Pinterovski I deffinitely recommend you get the Forge diverter valve next :)

4. Synchromesh

Synchromesh :-)

Thread hijack :whistle2:

My oem dv is knackered, so I ordered the Forge one...does it sound any different from stock, GNJ?

5. pinterovski

pinterovski Member

Yeah it's more louder but the sound is the same i believe!
    Guys,Darth Vader is in my Car :arco:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT,LOVE IT AND LOVE IT!!!!
    The car feels much more alive just with the CAI,woooooooossshhhhhh and then the valve :wub:
    Really LOVE IT!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Next step; cleaning the engine bay!!!

Kelza likes this.
  6. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

It doesn't sound any different on its own but if you have a CAI like the ITG then it pushes more air back through it creating a much louder 'chattering' noise on full boost.

Nice :) Your heatshield looks a lot neater than mine. I fitted it in a bit of a rush and it kind of folds over at the top. I coudn't really see a way of avoiding it being like that. Will have another play with it this weekend.

7. pinterovski

pinterovski Member

It's really a great piece of kit :wub:

8. rodaz

rodaz New Member

Very often you can read that the diameter of the forge twintake pipe is too big so that the air mass sensor is not measuring correct
    I proofed it but this is not correct
    I found only a difference of under 1% of the inner area - this is because of not 100% exactly measurements (+ - 0,5mm)

So don´t believe everything what you read.. very often competitors are writing wrong things :)
    FTT.jpg