1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge supersize dv

g dawg Jul 6, 2013

1. g dawg

g dawg Member

Anyone running this on their s3?

2. mjr901

mjr901 Guest Gold Supporter Audi S3

Shows a picture matey,

I can't see a bigger one than the one i have for our vehicles. (t'was the first one might I add!)

Although haven't really looked mega deep into the subject.

I'm running this -----> http://www.forgemotorsport.com/images/products/FMDV8PS3.jpg

I know they do big ass ones, ones that look like they should be fitted to a lorry, but can see which would be the right one.

Edit here's mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have it in blow off mode at the moment, but you can change it so it re-circs. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  3. LukeHS3

LukeHS3 Member

isit loud hows it sound? and any running issues? power loss?

4. mjr901

sounds like a bus releasing excess pressure for its air brakes, but a wee bit quiter. No running issues or loss of power.

5. LukeHS3

LukeHS3 Member

any vids mate? i cant decide wether to go this or forge supersize

6. mjr901

Only in my build thread when it was on the dyno being tested and having its power runs.

Videos were taken by Forge, I don't think filming is their Forté, grateful for something nevertheless as I couldn't be there.

It shows the output pointing upwards towards the bonnet, I now have it the other way facing down to create a better effect and less of an oily bonnet!!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/169830-mikes-ibis-2012-s3.html

7. Dean_T

Dean_T Active Member

Those glowing turbo vids are sexeh :rock:

I dont get why you would need the forge dumpvalve though - when I ran an ITG CAI on my K1 I got the same sound as I imagine you do with this DV :uhm:

8. mjr901

Definitely have different sounds to them! plus they tend to happen seperately! So when ones not whooshing, the other probably is! :)

9. LukeHS3

LukeHS3 Member

you will get chatter mostly with it recirculating

10. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

i cant find a supersize dv have you got a link or pictures ?

11. mjr901

I get lots of chatter and I don't re-circ, I can make it do it on a drop of a hat or it does it with casual driving.

12. mjr901

I cant see one for an S3 either, and tbf mine is literally a hair away from the rad fan! So I struggle to see how there is physically room for a bigger one?

13. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Can I just ask why you would want to make your S3 make a ridiculous noise that you would hear from a pimped up Subaru.

14. mjr901

Id like to add that I only have it because it was completely free....but it does sound fairly good, but I would never buy one for that amount of cash!

+ to be fair I like pimped up subaru's. They sound good! :) Better than the TFSI clatter!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    Brodster likes this.
  15. g dawg

g dawg Member

The point of the supersize DV is that with any cai you get that stutter noise when accelerating my friend runs stage 3 with revo cai and superersize DV it sounds the nuts no Chavy whooshing

16. Dean_T

Dean_T Active Member

Is there a video of this - would like to hear it, dont suppose its on youtube or anything?

17. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

That was why I was asking.....nothing worse than doing all your mods and then spoiling it with a noisy DV