Forge quick shift kit fitted.

nickaudi41

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got my forge quick shift through the post this morning and having the day off work got it fitted.

Not as easy as I thought the job was going to be but never the less I did it! It feels alot tighter but I think I'm going to adjust it again to make it even shorter (just have to wait till the engine has cooled down!!). i don't know about anyone elses S3 but I find my gearbox quite notchy as standard. But for £70 and about 35 mins of work I don't think that's bad.

Nick, Ive got to fit my DieselGeek one but its much more complicated than the Forge, lots of bits n pieces with it!

Oh sounds interesting Nick, will have to have a look!!

steve123a said:
Nick, Ive got to fit my DieselGeek one but its much more complicated than the Forge, lots of bits n pieces with it!

Do you have any pics?

Does it do side to side movement aswell?

Does it fit in the engine bay or under the gearstick.

Fits in the same place as yours but there are 2 sets of parts as opose to one lump of metal

its on www.dieselgeek.com sigmasix i think its called!

steve123a said:
Fits in the same place as yours but there are 2 sets of parts as opose to one lump of metal

its on www.dieselgeek.com sigmasix i think its called!

Just a different design I think. Plus you have the part which shortens side to side movement.

nickelvery said:
Hi everyone,

I got my forge quick shift through the post this morning and having the day off work got it fitted.

i don't know about anyone elses S3 but I find my gearbox quite notchy as standard. But for £70 and about 35 mins of work I don't think that's bad.

It's less notchy with a quick shift?? I thought they make it worse?

nky_84 said:
It's less notchy with a quick shift?? I thought they make it worse?

My gearbox is notchy as it is so makes no real difference to me just makes it nice and short.

I got the HPA short shift kit and that definatly made my 1st to 2nd change smoother - its still a little notchy but with the standard linkage it was very notchy

Got one too, wee bit notchy but loads shorter! Soon get used to it tho.:thumbsup: