1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge or Badger 5 Intake hose (TiP) for audi s3 8L ??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by muff1991, Sep 19, 2013.

1. muff1991

muff1991 Need More Boost!

[Sep 19, 2013]
    Hi All,
    New to the site, im after a bit of advice... im still slowly finding my way around so please bare with me if i have or done anything wrong, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I need a new intake hose for my s3 225 Bam, the small return hose from the rocker cover has split from the turbo inlet hose, there no decent way i could repair it and i want it fixed fast as someone said i will be loseing power through this.

ive owned my s3 for 3 weeks now and i was a little dissapointed in the power when i brought it if im honest, i also have my engine management light on... vag scanner tells me its both lambda sensors (post & Pre cat) im cant believe the MPG either im getting around 24 mpg on motorway driving like a granny everywere.. :-( the car is totally standard, not one mod done to it...

so... my question is, which inlet hose do you think is better or worth getting...

The forge one -
    Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

or the badger 5 -
    V3 BADGER 5 SILICONE 80mm K04 TIP S3 / TT / LEON CUPRA R (with clips) | eBay

or do i just buy another standard one? when funds let me i will be looking at remapping it with an air filter and hoping to reach the 260BHP mark, as i want it to pin me in my seat a bit.

Is this possible and what pipe should i get?

any advice will be helpfull please, sorry if this has also been covered before i dont know my way around just yet.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 19, 2013]
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will move this post to the 8l section where the boys will advise you. Enjoy the forum. :) x
  4. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

[Sep 19, 2013]
    Badger 5, no question. Get a Jetex filter while you're there. Should perk it up a bit :) Made a nice difference to mine in both sound and poke. Dyno proven too.
  5. muff1991

[Sep 19, 2013]
    thanks it works out cheaper too, do i need the metal thing for the end aswell? hope you know what i mean, the jetex filter... is that panel or k&n Style?
  6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 19, 2013]
    If you by a v2 TIP you get the metal billet as this is part of the product... if you buy the v3 then you don't as its designed as a straight fit..

<tuffty/>
  7. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Active Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 19, 2013]
    I'd personally buy the badger 5 V2.2, with the heatshield and filter. He does them as a kit, and it makes a huge imporvement over standard, especially once mapped
  8. muff1991

[Sep 19, 2013]
    so should i go for the v3 as i suppose this is ment to be the latest revised one??
    What you think about lambda sensors being shot, you think this would reduce my power along with the split hose combineing me with ultra **** mpg?
  9. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 19, 2013]
    V3 is fine... its designed to be a bit cheaper but no less effective... billet version is a 'premium' version that has better 'flow' into the turbo as the billet piece is designed to do that...

As for your MPG... I would scan for fault codes, fix all split pipes and leaks (smoke test is ideal to find those) and then see where you are... no point in throwing money at sensors you think are faulty... only spend money on stuff you know is faulty... never gonna get there unless you know the rest of the stuff is right...

What are the actual fault codes? always post the actual fault codes when asking for help as they may not mean what you think they do...

<tuffty/>
  10. IrishDave

IrishDave Active Member

[Sep 19, 2013]
    What a stupid question(sarcasm), its a no brainer B5 tip all the way. Get the v2.2
  11. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Sep 19, 2013]
    your mpg will be related to the lambda's not working properly... and more than likely air leaks from other split hoses usually associated with pcv system under the inlet manifold... Look for oily covered pipes there will be a split pipe close by

as for tIP............... :)

but I am biased of course - haha
    sssline and Sandra like this.
  12. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

[Sep 19, 2013]
    Buy once... buy the B5 tip.
    I am unlucky and the B5 wasnt available so i bought the forge...
    I now need to spend again to see the gains talked about.
  13. muff1991

14. muff1991

[Sep 19, 2013]
    from Bill funny enough, seen his name around ;-)
  15. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 19, 2013]
    If it has Bill's name on it, you are getting the best. Bill wont put his name to something that he has not tried and tested. :) x
    badger5 likes this.
  16. muff1991

[Nov 18, 2013]
    hi all again,
    i brought and fitted the v3 badger tip in the end (few months ago), i noticed on the tip when i took off it was split where it meets the turbo (think someone might have over tightened the juberlee), it didnt make alot of difference to power after fitting the new pipe so the split couldnt have been that bad, never posted pic on here before so i hope it comes out ok, if you can see in the pic the hole where the return hose has split off and you can just see the split where it meets the turbo.
    the 2 fault codes i keep getting are -
    ive looked these up on ross wiki website thing and i cant make heads or tail of it, i just want to know are the sensors ok? or which one or maybe both are buggered (B1 S2) i think it means bank 1 sensor 2 but not sure.
    ive checked the wireing to the post cat lambda and all seems to be fine, the sensor is pretty much just wedged in the exhaust tho, i put a 22mm spanner on it and turned it and the sensor just fell out, the thread in the exhaust is ok nothings broken sheerd or snaped but there is only 1 turn of a thread on the sensor, could this be my problem? its not hanging out like.
    my car is DRINKING fuel and i dont feel im getting the power gains i should be to the fuel its using, i know people in scoobys who are getting better mpg than me lol.
    just doesnt seem to be anything noticeably wrong with the car??
    any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    20130927_185548.jpg
  17. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Nov 18, 2013]
    try and get a smoke test.
    it cries of air leak somewhere
  18. muff1991

[Nov 18, 2013]
    where could i get a smoke test done, do most garages do it? The pipes in the pic attached (which i borrowed from someones thread, thanks) the circled yellow one was all flat and perished so i put some bodges hose on but its kinked flat so i need to get that done but cant find a part number, and the circled red one is also broken in 2 places all the way down to the pcv valve, i have bodges that quite well for now.
    Optimized-untitled23.jpg
  19. Dan-Jnr

Dan-Jnr Active Member

[Nov 18, 2013]
  20. cammage08

cammage08 Member

[Nov 18, 2013]
    Hi, i too have an S3 with a BAM engine that drank fuel.. My problems were a split hose under the inlet mani... Its pretty much inline with the dipstick underneath (a real pain in the bottom) its a little 90' bend and it had split at the elbow and a stuck open thermostat which i think was making it overfuel slightly. Hope this helps.
  21. cammage08

cammage08 Member

[Nov 18, 2013]
    Also has it been seviced recently, spark plugs etc?
  22. muff1991

[Nov 18, 2013]
    thank you all for your replies.

Dan - yes it is the exact pipe i need mines done exactly what yours has done in the pic, in the pic with the new hose on... is that a genuine part? it looks solid and not kinked i want one :) you know were i could get one and price please?

Cammage08 - thanks for the advice, ill definatly have a look at the pipe under the inlet, i done a full service 2 months ago apart from brake fluid and coolant as they both looked fine. ill have a good overhaul under the bonnet and check all hoses & pipes when i get a minute.
    thanks.