Forge Intercooler Kit

S3_DAVE

Reaction score
Hi,

I know about the welly cooler and have seen many threads on it.

But was wondering if anyone was running a Forge Intercool kit as per the below:

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/audi/s38l/forge-fmic-s3-1-8t

I am going to call up awsome on friday (as its black friday) and see if I can get a kit for a good price.

I dont really want to hack away at my crash bar and would like to retain my fog lights. I believe this kit comes with a modified crash bar so no hacking required.

Any advise appreciated

S3_DAVE

My advice would be that if you're spending circa £500 on a FMIC set up I'd be looking at the AH Fab V2 or Airtec and totally disregard the Forge item

The Forge FMIC has smaller inlet/outlet ends than OEM IIRC and both kits menioned above will be able to retain your grills and fogs

Reactions: S3 Hilife and S3_DAVE
Yes I do @S3_DAVE

I'm not using it myself but have read a few lads are using them with no issues and only requires minimal trimming from the bumper.

Reactions: S3_DAVE
im going to be purchasing the airtec intercooler next month so I hope it isn't too big of a job to fit

I've got one sitting around waiting to be fitted to my car. Note it doesn't come with the two silicone pipes shown in the picture. It comes with a bunch of metal pipes and silicone joiners.

Crazy, what pipework does yours have? Two long bits of silicone, or some alloy and silicone joiners?

Hi,

I know about the welly cooler and have seen many threads on it.

But was wondering if anyone was running a Forge Intercool kit as per the below:

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/audi/s38l/forge-fmic-s3-1-8t

I am going to call up awsome on friday (as its black friday) and see if I can get a kit for a good price.

I dont really want to hack away at my crash bar and would like to retain my fog lights. I believe this kit comes with a modified crash bar so no hacking required.

Any advise appreciated

S3_DAVE

My advice would be that if you're spending circa £500 on a FMIC set up I'd be looking at the AH Fab V2 or Airtec and totally disregard the Forge item

The Forge FMIC has smaller inlet/outlet ends than OEM IIRC and both kits menioned above will be able to retain your grills and fogs

again, what he said

plus
Hi Alex,
I have 2 cores in stock at the moment, anyone else want the other one ?
I can do it for £394.00 delivered to mainland UK if you pay by Paypal gift (ahfabs@googlemail.com).
Delivery about 7-14 days as it is a bit crazy busy at the moment,
Many thanks,
Alex.

I know I got one of them, so maybe one still left