1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge Goodies

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by sakkie69, Feb 4, 2008.

1. sakkie69

sakkie69 2008 Audi S3

Anyone here have Forge DV and Forge Intake on their 8P S3's?
    Did it make a difference, is it worth it?

My scare is the little cone filter they put on the end there - had bad experiences with previous K&N flatpanel filters fouling the MAF sensor on my GTI's (1.8T)

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. gr1zly

gr1zly Member

I've got Replacement Valve and Blow Off Adaption Spacer, it works very good and sound of BOV is so nice....

I am thinking about Forge CAI, but i probably would buy Carbonio

4. sakkie69

sakkie69 2008 Audi S3

So the DV is a new DV and the spacer (extra) gives you the blowoff noises? (not the sneezelike sound under gearchange with the stock or just the ForgeDV I guess)

The forge CAI does look good and people have gotten 10kW at the wheel differences using it (some guy posted it here a few days ago) but I am just concerned about a few things like the cone filter they supply, is it up to the task or is it just a cheap thing. I dont want dirt in my engine. Also worried about it sucking up water, but I dont really drive through rivers...

5. whiteunderarm

whiteunderarm Member

Speak to Shaun a.k.a Rabbit222...he had the forge intake installed couple days ago and apparently loving it...+- 15kw gain and the sound is apparently awesome...:rockwoot:

6. gr1zly

gr1zly Member

7. sakkie69

sakkie69 2008 Audi S3

Is the BOV noise very loud? (with the Forge spacer). Any pics of the install or is it easy to figure out? Can you use the spacer with the stock DV?