1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge Dv, Fitting On Facelift S3??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Phil_T, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Phil_T

Phil_T Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

[Dec 10, 2009]
    I havent got the tools to fit it & take off the old one so went down to Halfolds looking for 5mm allen wrench or allen socket with extension, 3mm allen wrench & 1/8 inch allen wrench as per forge instructions but all I could see where torx or star attachments & none of these were in sizes there where by code like TX20 etc?

Can anyone tell me what I need as looking under the bonnet then going back in they looked like star keys not torx but like I said there were not in sizes but code & number.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 10, 2009]
    The bolts holding the DV in are torx bolts yep and they're coded by a T then a number. I don't know which one you need but it's worth buying a set as most bolts on your car are torx and they'll come in handy in the future.

EDIT: Apparently they can also be coded with a TS## or TX##. The numbers will be the same sizes though and that's the important bit (bit! Get it?! :happy:).
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. Phil_T

Phil_T Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

[Dec 10, 2009]
    Hmm they dont look like torx as they aint as many little points, they look like a star bolt & if I need a 3mm & 5mm TS or TX 5 & 3 is 100% too small
  5. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 10, 2009]