forge dump valve

jimya4t

Reaction score
just got a forge recirculating and blo off dump valve for very cheap sounds class but the car runs like **** if i put my foot down. could this be a boost leak? the valve can also change to a recirculating one aswell and runs really good. will i have to stick with the crap sound (old granny fart) of the recirculating 1 or will i be able to sort the bov one? any sugestions welcome.
cheers jimy.

yeah a swaped it. a think al probably have to stick with the recirculating setup :sorry:

Have you put it in the original place or intercooler side? If you want to run it as a BOV it needs to be intercooler side (for this you will need a fitting kit) or you wont get it to run properly.

Hey Guys, I've got this DV, just wondering can I run it in the Hybrid mode? with it placed in the oem location? Mine was working fine for a week in the hybrid status, but yesterday I got some fault codes coming up. Anyone get this? I'm going to check it in Vag-com aswell

Rite I got it sorted, I got sick of fanying on so i took all the boost and induction pipes off, cleaned them up and made sure every pipe was on tight put it all back together and put the valve to recirculating mode and its so much better! I think my old diverter valve was ******, Its so much more responsive than before.

One more question, Im thinking of going for an S4 but im only 21 nearly 22 do you think insurance companies will insure me? Also what are the main things to look out for?
cheers.

1) why would you run a non-recird valve when the car ECU needs one? you will always get some fault codes if you run an atmos DV on a recirc system

2) how much you prepared to pay for insurance? you will always find someone to insure you. got an NCB?

1. you can block it off so its just a re-circ, i just got it for really cheap brand new off a friend and had vag com on and no fault codes.

2. not really bothered Iv paid quite a bit with my other cars. my a4 1.8t has been the cheapest to insure lol. I just dont really wana be paying over 1500
will do if i find a decent 1.

Check confused.com

I got my A4 when I was 19 and looked to change to an S4 when was 21 but then decided I would not have enough money to run the car while still being at uni.

ring the places that specialize in modified cars, they often beat others on quoting young drivers with high powered cars.
I even put my wife's golf GT TDi through Adrian Flux now as they were better than Admiral!