1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge Diverter valve

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by starski4578, Sep 27, 2005.

1. starski4578

starski4578 Member

Just wondering if a diverter valve on my car would add to performance as i heard somewhere that it may be worth doing if its been chipped. Ive got the revo upgrade software running on the ECU and needed some opinions.Its running with the standard audi dump valve at the moment.
  2. I'd like to know this too, and what is a dump valve for that matter?!
  3. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

the replacement dv valve is for purely operational purposes only. Fitting a uprated after markey DV valve will not improve performance.

If you also want your DV valve to last longer then pipe it so it is on the cold air side.
  4. MattS3

MattS3 Member

No peformance benefit, just that the Audi one isn't particulary robust so breaks down over time, considerably quicker after a re-map.
    I had the forge one fitted at the same time as the Revo just as a matter of course.
    (just wished I'd have kept the old one as my wifes Golf GTi Turbo has now started to flutter so that needs to be replaced and I believe they are the same item)
  5. starski4578

starski4578 Member

Dont suppose theres a good reason for it diverting it rather than dumping it? Had a feeling it wouldn't do anything, but will probably replace it with a forge just for its longer life, when the standard decides its had enough. Cheers
  6. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Dont suppose theres a good reason for it diverting it rather than dumping it? Had a feeling it wouldn't do anything, but will probably replace it with a forge just for its longer life, when the standard decides its had enough. Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good reason! The charge is dumped at the turbo entrance, therefore keeping the turbo spinning... If it were dumped to atmosphere, it wouldnt do that.

Rich
  7. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Waste of time and effort unless the car is making extremely high boost (>1.5bar)

They need to be rebuilt from time to time (every few months) and in my view degrade performance over the OEM bosch.

If you want an upgrade check the model number of the OEM one fitted, replace it (if req) with the lastest revision (N valve) and have a spare in case if breaks.
  8. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

Seen a load go after revo remap,1.45bar+ boost.