Forge diverter valve 2.0T

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Hello,

Spoke to awesome gti today about a forge diverter valve that fits any audi 8p 2.0T, i have the new S3 and they said they have had a fantastic response from customers that have bought one.

What are everyones opinions on them? awesome claim that it makes the car more responsive and slightly increases the boost, and used in conjunction with the carbonio air intake on a 'chipped' car you can feel the difference.

I know its not gonna be a massive difference but it does look interesting

i am going to wait till the warranty runs out on my car before i do the DV change, Audi will use it as an excuse if the turbo decides to call it a day.

I was definitely going to get one until I read what Robin said, reconsidering now...

Well, my Forge DV is in my S3's trunk. I'm planning to install it one day :)

Going to pick mine up today, not sure if its gonna be difficult or not to install, i will let you know if i get it done

Don't mean to put a downer on this thread.

There is a guy on vwvortex.com that has decided to remove his forge dv mainly due to the fact that he experienced a delay in boost when changing gear. You can see a long and comprehensive write up of his findings here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3336171

That was a hefty review!

Do you know what car he has got? i know it fits all 2.0T VAG cars but awesome did say that the better reviews came from those with the new S3,

I would guess he has either the A3 2.0 TFSI or GTI, not the S3.

Johnnyb said:
Going to pick mine up today, not sure if its gonna be difficult or not to install, i will let you know if i get it done

can be done on the driveway, i found it a bit fiddly but can be done with a good socket set

Is it that easy?

The instructions have about 15 pages!!

Might leave my mate who is a mechanic to do it

i found it easy, if you have a good socket set then you will find it easy.

there is basically 3 bolts holding on the DV on the side of the turbo which can be accessed from the drivers wheel arch.

Any atmospheric dump valve fitted to a VAG engine will cause the engine to over fuel after changing gear due to the ecu thinking that the dumped air is still in the system and putting fuel in for it(its dumped after the MAF has measured the air coming into the intake, as standard this air is recirced back into the intake after the MAF). Boost pressure will not change but you will find theres slightly more lag as the turbo will have to make up for air that has now been dumped rather than put back into the system, this is where it will over fuel slightly. To get an atmospheric dump valve to work properly with the ecu it will need to be remapped.

This is the case with all vag(and volvo for that matter) standard turbo engines not the case with all turbo engines.

KRL said:
Don't mean to put a downer on this thread.

There is a guy on vwvortex.com that has decided to remove his forge dv mainly due to the fact that he experienced a delay in boost when changing gear. You can see a long and comprehensive write up of his findings here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3336171

Well i watched that topic for a long time and i can tell you that:

1. The guy who started the thread is an "APR guy" and beacause APR is preparing to release a similar aftermarket DV ... do the rest of the thinking :)
2. The stock valve also has some boost spikes when changing gears under hard acceleration. I know that beacause i've done some logs on my OWN CAR.

Anyway, next week i will install the Forge DV and i'll post the logs over here if anyone is interested. If it's OK i will keep the Forge DV but if it isn't, than i'll take if off.

Also tomorrow a friend of mine who has a GTI ed.30 (with stage 2 remap, milltek turbo-back, oettinger cold air intake and Forge DV) will visit me and i'll make some logs.

Did not know he was an APR guy! It will be interesting to see your results...

By the way,

Its not a dump valve that i have bought its a forge diverter vacuum valve,
getting it fitted on monday so i will post the results asap.

I have the Forge DV with the spacer. No real difference in performance that I can see, none the less it's nice to have a peace of mind knowing that my DV valve is not going to fail. My car is APR chipped+carbonio intake+methanol/water injection....

Pics with the forge DV installed on an S3 (not mine).

5W1wGc464634-02.jpg

Tommy1finger said:
none the less it's nice to have a peace of mind knowing that my DV valve is not going to fail.

Other than Forge stating that they fail does anyone have any actual evidence that the stock DV isn't up to the job?!

I believe that the stock unit is on it's second or so revision. It's like the old coil pack scenario, look for the last letter of the part number. And I have seen one that had failed too. When I was last over at Awesome they had (I think) an A4 that was running badly. The mechanic walked into the showroom with the original DV and the tear in the diaphragm was quite plain to see.

when i was at Star performance Jim was telling me that they are rea;;y bad news as they let in a little air to the sytem and therefore decrease the boost. I put mine on the rollers and low and behold its now down in power and torque and running less boost than it was when it was mapped

aiculedtzu said:
Well i watched that topic for a long time and i can tell you that:

1. The guy who started the thread is an "APR guy" and beacause APR is preparing to release a similar aftermarket DV ... do the rest of the thinking :)
2. The stock valve also has some boost spikes when changing gears under hard acceleration. I know that beacause i've done some logs on my OWN CAR.

Anyway, next week i will install the Forge DV and i'll post the logs over here if anyone is interested. If it's OK i will keep the Forge DV but if it isn't, than i'll take if off.

Also tomorrow a friend of mine who has a GTI ed.30 (with stage 2 remap, milltek turbo-back, oettinger cold air intake and Forge DV) will visit me and i'll make some logs.

Hey bud - any feedback on the Forge DV you installed yet ? Do the logs prove if it's better ... how's the sound compared to stock .... I'm thinking of getting one this week.

The Revision G in my 8P S3 went last week after 5000km .... part number is exactly the same as the standard 2.0T engine fitted in the Golf GTi and A3 / A4 2.0T. Can't believe they didn't uprate it for the new S3 .... mind boggling.