1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge alloy boost pipe, any good?

jk_s3 Apr 30, 2011

1. jk_s3

jk_s3 Member

hi guys, was just looking through the forge website and came across this:

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

has anyone got one fitted? i was wondering if its a worthwhile upgrade?

thanks

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Thats just bling tbh.... ideal if you are detailing your bay but beyond that will add nothing to power... I still use the original on mine and I run a much larger turbo than std...

<tuffty/>

3. jk_s3

jk_s3 Member

ah i thought as much, it says there is a silencer on the standard one?

also how about dv cold side relocation kit? the benefits sound like a bs to me. any thoughts?

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Silencer does little more than hide the turbo whistle... people have removed the silencer from the std charge pipe but does very little other than make it a little nosier and is a bugger to do.. there are a couple of threads with details of this already...

Cold side is a little gimmicky tbh... it does work in so much that the DV is moved away from a heat source making it (questionably) more reliable and there is the belief that the cooler air being dumped post intercoolers helps keep the overall charge air cooler but I can't see it making that much difference especially if you don't have a decent FMIC in the first place... this will always be better than a coldside kit... again its nice bling IMO but I would save your money for something thats more beneficial like a decent FMIC, 3" DP etc...

<tuffty/>

5. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Awesome, theyve finally brought it art :). .

6. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

£100 does it come with a free tube of KY jelly to soften the blow?

7. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I smashed the baffles out of the standard charge pipe silencer and it was such a pita! I wouldn't bother doing it again. You live and learn.

8. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

No, you need that at the point of sale, as per Forge standard operating procedure...

9. jk_s3

jk_s3 Member

How about one of Forge's uprated actuators? anyone running one? im thinking its not necessary as the n75 controls the actuator anyway??

10. <tuffty/>

No need to use a Forge actuator on a K03/4 turbo unless yours is buggered... even then you would still use the same rate of spring as fitting a higher rate buggers up the boost control and these turbos aren't man enough really... only time I have seen a higher rated actuator used is on hybrids and even then your are only looking at 0.8bar

<tuffty/>