Forge 008 DV Question

S3_DAVE

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick Question that im sure one of you will be able to answer.

I have a Forge 008 DV and have had it on the car for 2 years (I binned off the forge splitter as it was crap).

The DV has been serviced every 6 months and im due to do another probably this weekend.

My car is running a badger5 stage1 map running 251BHP. my car is a 2001 S3 AMK engine. I am running the yellow spring.
Is this the best setup? As some people run the metal shims that come in the Forge kit. What is the best way of testing it to make sure the car and dump valve are working correctly/ running the correct spring etc?

Any advice welcomed.

Dave

Green or yellow spring is more than enough... it only has to act as a return spring... boost pressure in the top of the piston shuts its and equalises with pressure in the body... o-ring seal on piston should prevent leaking...

Shims stiffen pre-load and will delay the reaction time of the valve's opening... it will also require more vacuum to crack the piston open too which the 20v doesn't have in abundance...

Personally I would use a green spring to keep the valves reaction time and opening gap decent...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3_DAVE