Forge 007p taken off for forge split r were can i sell the forge 007p best place ?

L3WJX

Reaction score
Taken off my forge 007p for a split r,whats the best way to set up the split are,people slag this off but how can it be crap like people say when there about £50 more ? thanks alot...

They chatter alot apparently. Meant to do something like 20 clicks clockwise or something. Not too sure, but dont sell your 007p just yet untill you figure if you like the split r.

Is there a thread on this yet how to set up? or has any body eles have one of thease ?

no mate why's that dont wanna put it on till i no how to set it up ...

20 clicks from closed position, I would recommend using the blanking cap to stop the extra air escaping, otherwise you are droping the boost, therefore it cts like a leak. I would buy your 007p if you like

i want to have a bit of noise due to me swapping....and why would people buy em if it acts like a link and i dont no how much my 007p worth

but how can it be crap like people say when there about £50 more ?

haha what if they put a couple extra zeros in the price. surely then it would be the bestest ?

people would probably buy them for the noise it makes when you come of the throttle and are happy to pay the extra?

is there any compromise in power from running this split r does it make any difference or is it all about the noise????

both valves essentially do the same thing, they protect the turbo by venting the boost when the throttle is closed and lets the turbo deaccelerate without the backflow.

The normal diverter valve just diverts the boost back to the intake side of the turbo. The split diverter valve diverts some air back to the intake side of the turb and some air it just vents to the atmosphere (your engine bay) and you can hear it do this.

...mmm, i think power wise there isnt any difference between the two valves, the boost isnt being used when the valves are operating because the throttle is closed.

When you come off the throttle the throttle plate closes and you boost from the turbo hits the closed valve and (if you dont have a DV) bounces back to the turbo and flows through the turbo in the wrong direction this is what makes that fluttering noise as the tubine stalls against the backflowing air.

The diverter valve stops this from happening. When you come off the throttle it creates a vacum in the intake manifold, this vacum opens the diverter valve and vents the boost from the charge pipe back into the intake side of the turbo.

i would opt for the normal one though. For one, as already said the split R is £50 more, why would you want to spend that much on a noise. And two, but more important, the normal DV recirculates the air back into the system so that the ECU still knows how much air is in the system

i think you compromise a bit of performance and more lag when you use the split R valve.
Tons of threads about this matter.
I cant really use words to explain how...but you loose some power.
more expensive doesnt mean better...for a 1.8T the best dv is the forge 007 and the bailey recirculating valve.
for other cars the forge split r would be maybe better

and if you want to sell it , post in the classified section with a good price and im sure someone will pick it up

i bought my 007 off ebay for £40 in good condition. My old one i got for £35 off ebay. so around that i guess.

yep a little matey not alot but got a nice little note i just want a little bit loulder ...