1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreign Truckers

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JohnboyC, Nov 22, 2007.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Nov 22, 2007]
    Travelling fron Chorley Lancs to see folks in Kent.....got to within a mile of the A2 exit (M25 1B)....doing 50 mph in middle lane (lots of road works/average speed cameras).....slowly overtaking a 40 tonne Juggernaught.....which decided to change lane and side swipe the near side of my immaculate A4 Avant 2.5 TDi Q Sport....

Wife was a nervous wreck watching a massive bumper tear off the door mirror....thankfully our 5 month old sproglette slept thru the entire experience.....but it was a scary experience effectively being pushed into the outside lane...

The whole near side is no longer immaculate :-(((

Very frightening experience.....the German Driver admitted that "he just did not see me" to the police who I summoned....he's insured....

Lets hope it does not cost me in the end eh!...car is being picked up tommorrow from Kent and transported back to Lancs for repairs....
  2. Ads

Ads

[Feb 2, 2015]

3. jase0851

jase0851 Member

[Nov 22, 2007]
    u can always fix or get another car but a least your all ok,thats the important thing
  4. Silver Quattro

Silver Quattro 1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

[Nov 23, 2007]
    As Jase says cars can be replaced loved ones cant.Lucky escape mate,hope you get the car sorted back to normal as soon as.
  5. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Nov 23, 2007]
    Yeah I agree with the above posts.
    Duane on here had a run in with a Foreign Trucker on the M5, He basically got fish tailed off the carriage way and ended up about 50ft into the embankment facing the opposite way!!
    That was down to the trucker deciding to switch lane when he felt like it too.
  6. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Nov 23, 2007]
    There was something on Top Gear or 5th Gear a couple of years ago.

Basically saying to give foreign trucks a wide berth as being LHD they don't have great visibility on the RHS. If you do need to overtake then get it over and done with quickly. Same thing applies to many UK based trucks as a lot of companies are using LHD since they go to Europe a lot.
  7. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Nov 23, 2007]
    Glad your family and yourself are ok, cars can be replaced. I can empathise as same happened to me many years ago in my corolla gt. Good luck with the car
  8. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Nov 29, 2007]
    Hi All...

Many thanks for all your best wishes...family all OK....

Car now in dock.....ony £1500 repairs to passenger side doors, back wing and front wing (all superficial damage only) but a "big strip down job" according to the best body shop in Preston Lancs....only superficial damage as a lot of it down to the fact that the lorrys wheel nuts were covered by a chrome trim...

Interestingly....Audi don't do "door skins" and the door "blanks" are pretty cheap at £70 each or thereabouts....

Anyone had any dealings on how long it will take my insurance to settle with foreign trucks insurance company ? Are we talking months or years ?
  9. ronny

ronny Audi A4 1.8TQ

[Nov 30, 2007]
    Trust me it won't be 1500 quid :)

A royal mail post office van caught my bumper while my car was parked and put quite a nasty scrape in the front bumper.

The price when it was it finished...... £3700

The Audi dealer had it for 2 weeks, and I had a loan Audi TT which cost around £1200, then add on all the other ****, and it soon mounts up :)

If it wasnt your fault and the other driver was insured you can contact Audi's own contract hire people and they arrange to bring a car for you, my insurers "budget" were ****, they would only offer me a tiny car even though it was the other partys fault, the Audi garage will give you the number.

I had abrand new TT the one with the carbon roof and cut down interior, it was a fun 2 weeks :)
  10. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Nov 30, 2007]
    Shouldnt think you'll have to worry about the german insurance company, they are one of the most bureaucratically efficient nations on earth after all! Its your own insurance company in this country you've got to worry about, after all we are one of the most bureaucratically inefficient nations on earth!!!

Good luck with it getting sorted, pray you dont get lumbered with the typical Nissan Micra or similar tiny go-cart courtesy car from the bodyshop!
  11. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Dec 2, 2007]
    Too late - I have been lumbered with, without any doubt at all, the worst hire car ever - a Chevrolet Kalos -

Nuff said !

Cannot wait to get my A4 back later this week :)