1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Puma Clutch problems.

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by Josh84, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Josh84

Josh84 Member

Hi all, does anyone know of a decent and affordable garage in Leeds or West Yorkshire where i could get the Clutch replaced on my girlfriends 1.7 Ford Puma?
    Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi RS3

4. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

DIY? Puma is fairly easy to work on. Clutch about a ton, flywheel skim about 40 and allow an afternoon to do it. Don't forget to replace release bearing

5. Josh84

Josh84 Member

I thought about DIY but read up on it on a few forums and was put off, might be too big a job for me as ive never done anything like that before, most ive done is an alternator. Just a bit worried i wont be able to put everything back together. Think ive got a mate to do it as a back hander for £260.

6. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

I'd supply the part yourself as a lot of cheap clutches are rubbish, so you'll know what you're getting. Then get your mate to fit it. £260 sounds ok for supply and fit though

7. Josh84

Josh84 Member

Hes gunna fit a LUK clutch, checked it on euro car parts and was the dearest they do, so presume theyre alright.