1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Focus RS

Jonc Sep 19, 2004

1. Jonc

Jonc Member

Anyone had any run-ins with one of these. I was doing about 80mph in the fast lane overtaking traffic when one decided it wanted to try and park in my boot. So naturally I put my foot down. From 80-100 I was actually pulling away from it!! Pulled about a cars length. I stopped accelerating at 100 as I value my license and the focus driver was not a happy bunny as he overtook spitting flames from his exhaust pipe!! My car has an Upsolute chip, but even still, I was quite suprised, I didn't think I could actually pull away from one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Jonc

Jonc Member

I drive a 99.5 A4 1.8TQ Avant. The only mod is the Upsolute chip. Not rolling roaded but Upsolute state its chip is good for 211bhp. The Focus is 212bhp I believe and is a lot lighter. Anyway, I wish I could have seen his face, rally bred hot hatch beaten (just!) by a family estate!

3. mramage

mramage Member

At one of last year Scottish meets one drove past as waited on a nameless person who'd taken a wrong turn. It was in a town and there's a row of assorted S/RS Audis parked up on the street. This guy drives past, we look over, interested. It's one of the first on the road, first I had seen anyway. He stares forward intently in that must not look way. We found it quite funny.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif