Ford Door Edge Protector

Jameze

James
Reaction score

Seems like a good idea, I just hope it doesn't give people the excuse to carelessly open their car door onto yours! It might eliminate scratches, but it sure as hell won't stop dints!!

I was cringing every time the car door was flung open and hit the car parked next to it. Definitely my pet hate!

Last edited by a moderator:
might protect their door, feck the people next to them just looks like a new version of the old bump strips people used to fit.

Yeah those bump strips are good but they don't half make your car look naff! I wouldn't mind this Ford thing on my car, especially when I've got to squeeze out at home up tight next to the fence.

i quiet like that, and it folds back in so it doesnt look so crap. i wonder what it uses to know when to fold back in though...

Far nicer looking that the naff clip on ones. Ash, it looks very simple to do, it will be tethered to the door frame on a reverse cam so that as the door opens it pulls at the hinge end making it push out at the edge of the door.

That's got to be the worse idea ever thought of in the history of the universe!

Sometimes the only thing that stops your car door/wing getting dented to death by the car next to it is because the person opening their door doesn't want to damage their own car.
But with this device people are going to give less of a sh*t when opening their door in tight gaps.

I just hope other makers don't adopt this idea.

I'm never parking next to a new ford again. Ever.

I'm never parking next to a new ford again. Ever.

Haha! :lmfao:

It's a good product... for your car. But for other cars, you're right. They've even advertised it in a "throw your car door open like a ****" kind of way. The door could be equipped with feather dusters and bubble wrap for all I care, but if I caught someone opening their door onto my car like that I'd apply Newton's Law of Gravity and introduce them to the ground floor of that multi-storey. Fast.

the protector should have a sensor in that detects when the door has been opened and hit another car, and the makes the open door slam shut hopefully breaking the leg of the person as they are getting out, lol it will teach them a lesson and the would only do it once lol