1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale/Classifieds section.

Discussion in 'Site Support & Announcements' started by jojo, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

If I'm being 100% honest, I hardly venture into the Classifieds section, I preferred it as a For sale forum on the main index. When it was a forum, I would open it and have a browse, even though I wasn't looking to buy anything, something occasionally caught my eye, but with the current set up, I would only click on the Classifieds link if I was looking for an item.

I'm not moaning of course, just speaking my mind, anyone else the same?
  2. PVO_Dave

PVO_Dave Back in a Quattro :)

Got to say I'd prefer it within the forums, I always forget to check otherwise! :icon_thumright:
  3. campbell

campbell Member

i like how it used to be as one section, i hardly go in the classifieds myself, i actually sent an email to one of the moderators about this as he asked me for site suggestions
    anyone else feel this way?
  4. madvw

madvw Active Member

Think i've checked about 3 times since it was changed - i always forget it exists.
  5. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

I agree, personally i preferred it the old way
  6. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

Whilst I agree when your not looking for anything in particular, its nice to just browse a forum and see what goodies might be lurking within.

But, there was no categorisation, just pages and posts of random stuff.

At least in the classifieds section if your looking for something in particular, you have a dedicated section for it.

There is a link on the nav bar at the top, plus images from classifieds ads on the main page which if you click them it will take you there.
  7. Stan 24v

Stan 24v Member

I think "ALL" items should have a price, like lots of other forums. Its a pain when someone says "make me an offer" as you never know where they are thinking, know what I mean?
  8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Hey Olly, would it not be possible to 'add' a 'For sale/Classifieds forum' onto the main index which leads to this page ---> http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/
    I rarely use the nav bar up top, and if I do, I only click on the 'Forum' button to take me back to the index... this is just me though, as I'm finding some of the forum members just advertising their cars forsale in the appropriate car model forums to get better exposure, and others asking for certain items etc.
    I think they are not getting any/much response in the classifieds section?
  9. nky_84

nky_84 6th Gear

I agree with whats been said. I used to always check FS section, think ive checked it once since the new setup. As jojo says, a link in the main forum index may attract more interest.
  10. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

yep i'll have a look at the weekend
  11. a3daveo

a3daveo Member

The current setup has oviously been well thought out but might it be best if there was a for sale section and then beyond that broken down into audi models. You could have an a3, a4, tt section etc. and just have everything chucked into it.

I agree with Stan 24v it would be nice to see a price next to everything or otherwise it may as well be on ebay.

Just my thoughts on things. Cheers.