1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food: Handmade Burger Co.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jojo, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 8, 2007]
    Had one of these open up in my local shopping centre - Touchwood, Solihull - last month, so decided to give it a try, as I'm a burger freak, I love most things burger. So just me and the other half for lunch then, and here's what we ordered: 1 Classic Burger, 1 Bacon and Cheese Burger, 1 portion of Chips to share, Side order of Battered Onion Rings, Still mineral Water for her, and a Diet Coke for me. Guess how much this costs?..... .....wait for it..... .....£21.50p! LOL!!

OK the burger was not bad, the relish is really nice, everything was fresh, the chips and onion rings all went down well, I enjoyed the meal, but I wouldn't go again. That's just too much to pay for what essentially is a few burger and fries with a couple of drinks. Think I will stick to Burgerking and get the same amount for under a tenner, or even going to Harvester's with the unlimited salad cart is better value for the money.

Food - 8/10
    Value - 3/10

/Review
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. jojo

4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Dec 9, 2007]
    I like Ed's Diner at Bluewater for there burgers, shakes and atomic fries, but they are very dear, but a nice treat now and then.
  5. tractorman

tractorman Member

[Dec 9, 2007]
    Been to the one at the back of the Symphony Hall in Birmingham a couple of times, thot it was very nice and didnt think the price was that dear tho.

What a feed aswell!
  6. Mart

Mart Active Member

[Dec 9, 2007]
    I hear you on that one TDI. hmmmm
  7. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Dec 9, 2007]
    Hmmm peanut and banana milk shake.
  8. jojo

[Jul 30, 2008]
    Went to this place again yesterday with the other half. I think they are struggling with 5.99 meal deals and 15% off with student cards... still cost me 16quid for 2 burgers, chips, onion rings and 2 drinks.

Tasted better the first time round also, so not looking good.
  9. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Jul 31, 2008]
    We went to the Handmade Burger Co in Brum by the canals.....best burger I have had in a long time.....beats McDonalds, Burger King and other sh*te establishments hands down IMHO !
  10. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Jul 31, 2008]
    Ladypool Road in Birminghams Balti Belt, thats what its about....huge chicken fillet burger meals, fries and a drink for less than a fiver....yea the decor of some of the places are not great but the food is top notch!!
  11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Aug 1, 2008]
    Yea but depending on how good a cook you are you may also get food poisoning...lol....as one of my work mates found out a couple of weeks ago by literally puking all over the floor!!!
  12. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Aug 1, 2008]
    Anyone got any good burger recipies ? Preferably ones not using loads of fat!