1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Following on from my earlier thread: My Baby (A6) Died Tonight.

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by tyt590, Sep 16, 2007.

1. tyt590

tyt590 Ride It Like You Love It

HI All,
    After what seems like an age I've found out that my car only has 5 pistons at the very most, where as it should have 6 and it only has 29 valves as opposed to 30! So, what I would like to know is:- A, Will a 2.8 engine fit to the gearbox and what alterations will have to be made, i.e. ECU and sensor wise. B, Has any one got a 2.4 or 2.8 enginge for sale and C, I spose a manual would go down well, as well at this point! Oh and it has to have real pages that I can flip over, I can't be doing with these CD things.
    If anyone knows of a good breakers in North Wales or the North West please get in touch with addresses and phone numbers.
    I wait here with bated breath for your forth comming replies.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dummi

dummi smoking a6

yes a 2.8 would fit in think it has the same outer dimensions. try googling audi breakers

bentleys workshop manual is good for this

4. tyt590

tyt590 Ride It Like You Love It

Well the truth is that I'm just waiting to take some pix of the car and it has to be sold as it is, so watch this space. Cheers anyway.

5. dummi

dummi smoking a6

oh right what are you doing with the engine? i'm looking for a dead one to set up as a jig for fabrication