1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding mirrors when you turn engine off?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by lil_coz, Nov 24, 2011.

1. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Quick question, is there any way I can set the mirrors to fold automatically every time I switch the engine on and off? So when you turn it off, the mirrors fold up, and likewise when it's turned on, they fold back out?

Also, on the coming home/leaving lights jobby, the LED's and the fogs stay on when you lock the car and it's dark, but don't come on when you unlock the car? My old A3 did this so quite surprised the S doesn't. :think:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. roman3000

roman3000 Member

LED staying on is probably the light sensor knowing its dark and leaving them on.
    As for the wing mirrors HNH (Higel) has built a custom circuit to do this. Have a word with him or do a search on here, a few people have asked this question before.

4. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator
    Regional Rep

don't you mean NHN Nigel

5. roman3000

roman3000 Member

Haha yes that's what I meant :icon_thumright:

6. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Thanks for info on the mirrors.

About the lights, what I mean is, they don't come on when you unlock the car even when it is dark.

7. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech
    Site Sponsor

Very interested in this....

Nigel - If you see this, whack me a quick PM with a few more details when you get 5mins.

8. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

Is it a mental cost to retro fit folding mirrors?

Was discussing this with my mate the other night as his A3 has them.

Cheers

9. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I'd be up for this as well as I always fold them in when I leave the car.

Need to work out why why aito window roll up (with key fob pressed isn't working), that said the comfort roll up doesn't appear to be working wither at the moment.

I found out this week I only have chirps on the close cycle for the car, you can tick to enable them for open but it does nothing, and the siren seems to have changed from 8P2.

Wonder what determines what does and doesn't get enabled at factory other than defined options?

10. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

warren did you sort out the VCDS problems you were having.

the functions may be separated as it is known as coming home and leaving home, maybe there is a separate coding for both and you may only have one on?
    my leaving home does what you are describing but only when its starting to get dark, somehow its not dark enough for leaving home lights to come on but its dark enough to light up the headlights when i switch on the engine... these sensors are weird

11. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I did thank you. An update to the latest Beta version of VCDS sorted the issues. My software was set to only update for full version software upgrades, not betas so when I'd been checking for updates it was showing none!

Cheers

12. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

yh mine is set to full updates only too, but i got a notification the other day to do the V11 upgrade so its no longer a Beta.
    i want to get my hands on a 2011 8P3 to see the coding changes.

13. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie
    Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

I am interested in both issues - Had my A3 a day and can't get Coming / following lights to activate. Also i'd like mirrors to fold on locking. My last car a V50 Volvo did so so was a good visual aid to show the car was locked etc.

14. RPB

RPB Active Member

On my 2011 S3, the coming home function was already working, but the leaving home function is switchable within the DIS menu.

15. pjr

pjr Member

The coming home/leaving home lights have separate menu options in the DIS - one is just a tick to say you want them active (leaving home - lights come on when you unlock the car and it's dark) and the other is a number of seconds that you want the lights to stay on for when you get out and lock the car when it's dark (coming home)

I may have got the coming home/leaving home the wrong way round, but definitely there are two different settings under lights in the DIS

16. wesley

wesley Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Warren if your pinch control has been triggered and your windows won't one click close then do the old reset with the window switch, also the remote auto close won't work when the pinch control for the windows has been activated! Unless it hasn't been ticked in vcds that is!

17. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

I'm also interested in the auto folding wing mirror's for my 56 plate S3?

18. jerseypaul

jerseypaul Member

Asked about this before.
    I'd be up for the mod too.

19. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

That guys is spot on! Sorted it out tonight. I didn't realise that there were so many parameters you could adjust through the DIS. I didn't have half those things in my A3! Thanks again! :icon_thumright: