1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding door mirrors....

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by cuke2u, Oct 1, 2013.

1. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Hi, just a quick question, with the electric folding mirrors do they automatically fold when you lock the car then unfold again when you unlock?
    Cheers...
    Chris

#1 cuke2u, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

There's an option in the MMI to set this. They fold on lock automatically, but unfold on ignition on rather than on unlock.

4. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

Hi cuke2u.

There is an option in the MMI that you need to tick. Then they will automatically fold when locking the car, then they will unfold again when you start the car.

It's a shame they don't unfold on unlocking as this would make a useful way of knowing the car is locked when using the advanced key.

5. Casey87

Casey87 Member

Hi Guys, as the dealer speced the car im not sure on all of the accessories fitted so where should i be looking in the MMI to see if i have this option. Thanks

6. RossR

RossR Active Member

Easiest way to check for folding mirrors is to look at the wing mirror adjustment knob on the drivers door. If they fold it will have a position you rotate it to for this. (Although you can also fold them automatically using the MMI setting).

7. cemerson

Yeh, it's somewhere in the vehicle settings menu I think.

8. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Ok all and thanks for your replies, I find auto folding a necessity so I am please the A3's have this with the optional folding mirrors...

9. RVP20

RVP20 Member

I take it this is an option to have folding mirrors and not something as standard?

10. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Yes...

11. StefRobinson

StefRobinson Active Member

It isn't a standard option, but it's not expensive to add them. There are a couple of different options too. You can have the standard folding mirrors on their own, or also have them auto dipping at night etc.

If you're parking in car parks or anywhere near other cars, it's a useful option to have to protect them from being bashed by women's handbags etc. walking past your car :)

The dealer set mine up so they would automatically fold in when I locked the car. It's a really useful feature, and they do fold in really tightly too.

12. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Hi, with both versions the folding mirrors the passenger side dips to show the kerbeverse as well. At least I don't think the standard ones have this

13. cemerson

They don't, but it can be enabled easily enough with VCDS I think.