1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fogs to match DRL

aadams1x Nov 6, 2011

1. aadams1x

aadams1x Member

Hi, When using the coming home feature on my car when the fog lights are on and the DRL the fogs are so yellow in comparison, what is the best recommendation for replacement fog lights that will get close to the white lights on the DRL's?

Thanks for your help :)

2. grimp

grimp Member

What year is your car?

if ur thinking about the my09+, ive tried LOTS of different bulbs and ive come to the conclusion that GP Thunder 7500k is the best:
    [​IMG]

Paullie likes this.
  3. slade777

slade777 Member

They do look good or you could get LEDs from Trups "t8ups" on here few people have done this and they look awesome! Look for Silkys thread

4. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

i want my fogs to still work where can i get these bulbs ( the leds wont cut through fog will they ?)

5. grimp

grimp Member

ebay

6. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

7. slade777

slade777 Member

I understand what your saying however I've found when either xenons or even the sidelights (LED DRLs) the fogs are pathetic and don't do anything in the fog. If you really need fog lights low yellow light is the best!

8. grimp

grimp Member

9. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

hmmmmm didnt know bowt the yellow thing think i am still gonna get them they should work better than the standard ones surly

10. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

thank you

11. Cartéen

Cartéen New Member

GRIMP: Looks realy good on your car. Thinking of uppgrade my fogs to Philips Diamond Vision 5000k but when i saw your GP Thunders i migtht rethink. Have you also tried Philips Diamond Vision 5000k?

12. grimp

grimp Member

No i haven't, but 5000k? sounds pretty yellow to me..

13. J.R.

J.R. "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

How about HID 6000k (H11) on the fog lights ?

14. grimp

grimp Member

Maybe, personally i don't care for aftermarket HID'S..

15. J.R.

J.R. "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

16. dzTT

dzTT Active Member

Im quite interested in changing the yellow fogs to something a bit better, the past few days the visability has been 50 yards at best but usually around 10. and since switching the fogs on the yellow light just dosnt look right. Are they easy enough to get out and swap over?

Not had a chance to look, only just looked under the hood last night after having the car 2 months :whistle2:

Dazz

17. slade777

slade777 Member

Yellow light is by far the best for Practicality. Many people have been changing for Blue bulbs for pure aesthetics not actual visibility in foggy conditions. I personally find with xenons or even side lights which are LEDs the fogs can't be seen anyway.

18. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

thats a proper catch 22

19. slade777

slade777 Member

Indeed but I'm personally going or LED fogs to match my DRLs and turning them down to about 40% ie not blinding for others. (running them as DRLs)

20. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

sounds to complicated :uhm:

21. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Hi which LED option did you go for for the H11 fogs? Do they produce as much light?

I rarely use the fogs as a pair but have the cornering function active so brighter white the better in this case.

22. slade777

slade777 Member

I got H11 LED fogs from Trups (t8ups) on here. I haven't got round to fitting them yet as need to mount the resistors which get very hot. There are a few thread which show some pics somewhere

23. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Ok mate cheers, thanks for both replies.

24. MattyW19

MattyW19 Member

Are the GP Thunder 7500k road legal? I've fitted Xenon Ring to mine and they are just a slight tad yellower than the xenons - A massive improvement from the original ones!

25. NME

NME Member

Its not a legal requirement to have to have front fog lights, so as long as they are not ridiculously bright and burning peoples retinas out of their skulls, you should be ok!