Fogs as DRLs.

G

Goner

Before anyone says it's illegal to yours fogs etc, i know this but hear me out before slagging commences.

I have noticed a few new Skoda's etc with the fogs used as DRL and the new polo also.

The light output has been greatly reduced obviously so it's not a pain in the **** for oncoming motorists.

Am i right in thinking the brightness is reduced by 75% down to 25% light output when using the fogs as DRLs?

Next question is, can this be done on a 2006 Sline SB? I'm West Yorkshire (bradford area).

Thanks

No probs; I'm looking at an A3 same year as yours on Saturday so I'll let you know if it can be enabled :icon_thumright:

Ah i see, if you could let me know if it can be enabled or not that would be great!

Cheers Rhyso!

Ive been thinking about this too, i could probably get some h11 canbus led bulbs made up s it would just be like the other cars youve seen with LEDS in there Fogs etc

I have seen this option in mine, but as i have DRl in my Bi-xenon headlamp and i have xenons bulbs installed in my fogs i dont use it

No probs; I'm looking at an A3 same year as yours on Saturday so I'll let you know if it can be enabled :icon_thumright:

Did you manage to find out if this could be enabled on a 56 plate A3?

Cheers Rhyso.

Did you manage to find out if this could be enabled on a 56 plate A3?

Cheers Rhyso.

I did and it can be done; I enabled it on AudiCruiser's A3 on Saturday. What you have to look out for is that the extended menu's for the DIS cannot be enabled meaning you need to use VCDS (VAGCOM) to disable them

I did and it can be done; I enabled it on AudiCruiser's A3 on Saturday. What you have to look out for is that the extended menu's for the DIS cannot be enabled meaning you need to use VCDS (VAGCOM) to disable them

Yep i know what you're saying mate, thanks for your help.

i wonder if it can be done with mine hmmm as ive got the main headlights as my drl's now but when we were coding it , it would only do the scandinavian setting not the north american setting so the front and rear lights are on not just the fronts any ideas ????