1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOG/SPOT LIGHTS

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_ANNANBHOY, Feb 4, 2005.

1. imported_ANNANBHOY

imported_ANNANBHOY Guest

[Feb 4, 2005]
    I got a new A3 special edition 1.6 for my 21st.

my dad ordered the front spot lights/fogs as an extra along with an armrest and a few other bits.

Got the armrest in about 2 months after i got the car but still aint got my lights, i got the car in April 2004.

The dealer says that no light kit is made for it at the minute as it was too late to get done in factory.

anyone else had this problem ?

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Feb 4, 2005]
    They're fogs and they're a £130 option on build for Std and SE. (standard on sport and above)

It'll cost you a bit to retro fit them though. Anyway they're only for use in low visability i.e. fog. I havent' used mine on any car for years except a few brief minutes once or twice a year.
  4. yak

yak Member

[Feb 5, 2005]
    Any idea how to install them? I don't care about functionality, but they look good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak
  5. Nelson_R32

Nelson_R32 Member

[Feb 5, 2005]
    I doubt Audi will ever make a retro-fit kit for them, as they haven't done anything like that since Audi 80 days.

To retro-fit fog lamps on new VAG cars now is a pain, as wiring looms are made specifically to the vehicle. So there would be no wiring loom there, believe me, its not fun making a loom for them!

If the salesman has said he'll install them for you, take him up on the offer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I have a feeling your dealer has said they'll do something which they now don't want to commit to as the parts required for this job are all readily avaliable.