1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fog light missing?!

Jp-tqs Dec 7, 2010

1. Jp-tqs

Jp-tqs Member

Checking my bulbs were all working as you do, and found i only had one rear fog light on, drivers side. Had a look and no bulb there! Got a bulb, fitted it, then it made my indicators come on and blink with the fog lights?!?! Eh? Has anyone got a reason for this? Ta!

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

UK cars only have one foglight as standard.

If its an avant i've found the contact is there, but the hole in the lens isnt, so its a case of slotting the bulb into the holder, and then breaking a hole in the back of the light cluster.

Craigs S4 (saloon) however didnt actually have the contacts in the bulb holder, so fitting a bulb did nothing.

3. PaulTheo

PaulTheo Member

My B5 saloon also had the bulb holder and working contacts but no hole in the lens unit. I just machined out a hole and it worked perfectly.

4. Jp-tqs

Jp-tqs Member

Well, im still confused! When i put the extra fog light in (passenger side) i had engine running, headlights and fog lights ( front and back) on. Soon as i put the extra rear fog light in the indicator came on?!

5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

You need facelift bulb holders as these have the contact then simply Dremmel the lamp unit and et voila twin rear fogs

6. Jp-tqs

Jp-tqs Member

Ok, my car is facelift anyway! Ill try again tommorow and make sure im not being a retard! All i want is twin rear fogs!

7. NineNails

NineNails Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

I was driving in fog the other day and tbh I don't like being behind cars with 2 rear fogs. It sometimes makes me think they are brake lights and sre generally just annoying...