Fog light failure

Owyn

Reaction score
Morning all, I have a driver's side fog light failure on my Avant and an MOT looming. I've checked the bulb with a new one and it's fine.
Is there anything I'm missing before I start looking for broken cables?

Thanks

If you’ve installed a new bulb and it’s working that means, the other one is blown.
If you installed a new bulb and it isn’t working, check it was working before.
If all above failed, take the working bulb out of the other fog light and put it in the lamp that stopped working.
If no light follow, check connector to see if nothing stuck there or rusted up.

Computer check them both at the same time (at least in my A6) so blown fuse would be out of question.

If nothing above work, wiring might be at fault.

Might be “bumper off” job but following wires of the non working light to the fuse box might be an option. It will eliminate any wire cut or short.

When was the last time you’ve noticed it was working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front fog lights don't need to work for a MOT only the off side rear has to work for a pass

If its aa rear fog light its worth checking where the bulb sits make sure the contact to the bottom of the bulb is clean use sand paper or a Small screw driver to remove and dirt allso check the the pin is connecting to the bulb be careful bending the pin as they can snap if lifted to far

Last edited:
I sorted it this morning, weirdly the connector in the light cluster was super rusty, just the fog light one for some reason.
I cleaned it up and it's working again, marvellous!