1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fog light - condensation - remove and fix or replace?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by munchkincoupe, Nov 19, 2011.

1. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

I've got a 2004 3dr 2.0tdi sport and I've got moisture / condensation in both of my front fog lights. Do I just replace them or will it happen again? Can I remove mine and clean them up and re-seal them? If it is best to just replace them does anyone have the part number and/or which other models of A3 or Audi cars will have the exact same fog light units so that I can trawl some breakers

Thanks for any help
  2. cloughy

cloughy Member

what about leaving them on for a while? that normally works for me, or does it keep coming back?
  3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

TBH, they will just do it again for what ever reason they did it in the 1st place. You could remove & try to find why leaking just in case its a misplaced seal.
  4. mike foster

mike foster Fossie

Khufu is right - it just happens for whatever reason ! When mine did it first time I spent ages dismantling the unit , drying out with a hairdryer, re-sealing the lens etc. etc. and it still happens.

Just have to live with it I'm afraid but it doesn't affect the performance of the light.
  5. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

Thanks fellas - that saves me a job then :)

It does dissipate when light is on