FOC power on S3, good or bad?

Booth_S4

Riding on V8 power
Reaction score
seem to remember pablo posting a thread to do with freeing up so power on the S3 by removing the floor mat and allowing the accelerator to be pressed down more!

Well, ive found a plastic plug that is under the pedal aswell! only found it as i was removing a wire that went to the boot for the old owners install! it holds down the plastic covering the covers up some wires!

Now what ive done is left the plug out so the accelerator now goes all the way to the floor! Now im not joking when i say this, but it really has made the car feel completley different! Ill tell you what it feels like! its like when i had my old VTR chippied thats how different it feels!

Now what im trying to get at is that this plastic plug has been put there for a reason! am i going to damage my engine by allowing it to rev more or is it just like any other mod that adds power!???

Help! :sos:

S3 is drive by wire, so the pedal is just attached to a sensor.

Throttle body's can "forget" fully open over time, so go through a adaption process when the battery has been disconnected, when the ecu decides, or can be forced with dealer equipment or vag-com.

It might just be that you needed a throttle body adaption.

One would assume the stop is there as its the limit or near to the limit of travel of the sensor.

I would be very suprised if there is really more power to give, on a car thats had throttle body recently adapted.

just test it with vag com. look at throttle % and make sure it goes to 100 when its on the floor...
it's not like removing the carpet or stopper is going to make any difference if its working or setup correctly.

it obvoisly wasnt set up correctly then as it has defo made a difference!

how do i get hold of a copy of vagcom?