fmic

pthackeray22

Reaction score
hey there fellas is there a sticky on fitting a fmic on 98 a3 1.8t

yes but i cant find the a3 one, one on the s3, i just need to know where the pipe on the hot side connects to as ill be fitting mine soon, but yes there is one about

1.jpg

was offerd this on the cheap, and only intresting part was the intercooler, would this be any good, ive been reading through a few threads but cant quite get the jist of where the piping goes to anyone enlighten me

That looks like a forge intercooler and a t3 manifold,usually used for big turbo.find out what turbo it is.I would take it if all seems good.may need rods though.about a grade fitted to stop ur engine breaking with the big power

the manifold was off a civic but the intercooler and pipes were ouyt of a scooby turbo kit, he did mention what it was but £50 for all what was in picture i couldnt not miss it haha

Thats a bargain, Although if it's been fitted to a subaru then it's going to be a DIY fitment.

DIY in this case means the supplied pipes will be mostly useless I suspect... fitting a 'kit' from a different make of car won't be covered by the 'guide' you have asked for... I would reword your post accordingly as its a little missleading..

FOr some ideas on how to fit 'an intercooler' I would look at the FMIC thread as there are a few custom A3 setups there and look at some of the A3 boys build threads such as Prawns track car for example..

Looking at that core in the picture it doesn't look like any of the normal cores used for A3 installations so you will be on your own a bit there and all the threads here should be used as a reference only as there won't be anything covering anythign other than a core thats universal or specifically designed for the A3...

The pipe work routes and any sizes may be of use to you at least but physically fitting that core will be all you :)

Personally unless the guy is giving it away there are more suitable kits available for not a lot of money... most of the ebay kits are less than 200 quid... it will prob cost nearly that to source all the pipes you want to connect to that core..

Have a read of the FMIC and A3 build threads and decide what you want to do... you may find an easier/cheaper way to sort yourself out with a FMIC

<tuffty/>

i have thought about that and seen a few kits on the bay, made for the a3 which could possibly work out cheaper, and easier to fit in the long run, it was just a thought atthe back of mind as it wont be getting done yet but if it was gonna be cheaper than say £150 to source a core and pipes it may have been worth it but like you said custom pipe work is gonna be a pig lol, but thanks all for the info

and the thread was for a ebay kit but then this popped up and my mind went wild lol