Fmic piping

OZY

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I want some custom piping for my fmic. Anyone who can recommend someone around Birmingham would be much appreciated.

Well. I have the core. And mij in walsall said they would make the pipework to suit. Eg bends and length. To make the fmic sit well behind the bumper and also work to its best potential.
But for some reason they said the pipework will be stainless steel.
Hence the reason why I'm asking for people locally to do it properly.

Have you seen the intercooler sticky?
Most people make up pipe work with a mix of silicone and alloy (i think) pipes.
Fmic on the s3 is pretty simple to diy.

Custom as in tailor made to fit the car/setup etc as they can all differ.. just fabrication really... all Bill's installs are custom

<tuffty/>

Thanks guys. Yeh I would love to go to bill @ badger 5 but his soo so busy, it's hard to get his time. And as everyone else we want things ASAP.
What are people's views on stainless steel. I can imagine it being a lot heavier which isn't good.

Stainless steel is not ideal... anyone that says different clearly can't weld alloy :)

Not sure what it is you are looking for custom pipework wise but most things can be put together from alloy bends and silicon hoses... just make sure you use decent clips and that the ends have a bead on them

<tuffty/>

Okay cool. Where can I get alloy bends from or who can do them?
silicone is all over the place to purchase.

Forge or ASH (Auto Silicon Hoses) on eBay... ASH do a better range and are cheaper

<tuffty/>

I might just get it off there and get some one local to fit it for now. Maybe later get a custom job.
Soo In terms of pipe work I already have
2 X 90 degree silicone hoses 76mm.
2 X 90 degree silicone hoses reducers 76mm to 63mm.
2 X 76mm silicone hoses 120mm straight in length.
My core is 600x300x76mm.
Car is 02 audi s3

I'm going to be making my own pipework,Just try and work out what your going to need cut the pipework to size and mask together and get a welder to weld your pipes which will cost a lot less :)

What cooler have you got ?
Dimensions etc?
Its soooooo easy to diy just fyi
Im not car savvy at all but ive done 2 of these no sweat!!!

As Daz said even Stevie Wonder could do it ;)