FMIC just arrived

what size is that core? do you get any flow or p/d figures with it?
did you get it on yet?

lets see then....

Don't have any figures just word of mouth on the forums that it’s a good kit. I have not installed it yet as I was at a wedding Saturday and Sunday was spent sorting out my MR2 for someone to have a look at when the engine died and wont start now. Next week the car is back in the shop after someone scraped the front of the car at the shopping centre.

Doc... they do an S4 FMIC? I would be keen and patient on getting something if the price is right...

Yeah but RS4 intercoolers aint great & you get the fog lights in the way too... FMIC is the way forward - especially if I follow through & go bigger than RS4 turbos...

I will have a hunt around some of the other forum for you but pop over to the US forum has there is a lot more action than RS246 and I think a lot more info to be had as they only got the 1.8T and the S4 so they are well in to them.

hey doc, im very suprised that you havent fitted that fmic allready. i pictured you fitting it the moment it arrived.

So the plan is car goes in next week Wednesday then Saturday morning I go up to the body shop and put the car back together again after I install the bumper, but saying that if I get the time I will try and install it this weekend in case I have to cut something and need it painted.

ZeroK66 said:
Yeah but RS4 intercoolers aint great & you get the fog lights in the way too... FMIC is the way forward - especially if I follow through & go bigger than RS4 turbos...

Well here's some info on RaceTec S4 offering.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2427020.phtml
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2418529.phtml

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00213.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/blacks4tt/DSC00213.jpg

that S4 cooler is very nice! never seen that design before

well it's in, not to many probs but some trimming was needed including some on the bumper.

FMIC11.jpg

FMIC7.jpg

FMIC6.jpg

FMIC5.jpg

FMIC8.jpg

I will takes some better pics later when I get some time.

Have to say it was quite easy to fit onces I got all the pics together from other people install. some trimming was needed as stated but this was a minor issue.

That FMIC looks the business!! :smile:

Shame the top few rows are blocked by the bumper though.

Anyway, it's gonna be WAY better and more effective than a standard Audi item.

docurley said:
Should show good result once I sort out a Big Turbo kit.

Oooooh yes :smile:

Isn't this car for sale though? (sorry for appearing to be a confused newbie LOL).

That looks awesome! Nice work Doc! Where the hell do you find the time! House market good then ;)

Dan Gliballs said:
Oooooh yes :smile:

Isn't this car for sale though? (sorry for appearing to be a confused newbie LOL).

No I have two A4's the one in the pic's is my 1.8TQ and the other car is my stock looking 2.8 Quattro Supercharged which is up for sale.

ZeroK66That looks awesome! Nice work Doc! Where the hell do you find the time! House market good then ;)

My car was in having the front-end tided up after my Austria trip so I told them not to put the front bumper on as I would do it, saved me a load of time.

docurley said:
No I have two A4's the one in the pic's is my 1.8TQ and the other car is my stock looking 2.8 Quattro Supercharged which is up for sale.

Ahh gotcha ;)

Now officially saved to brain.

one very smart looking car i must say
it looks the dog back wheel!!

How hard was the rs kit to fit??

It's a lot of work and not all done buy me. I had to get someone to weld the rear quarters and paint the car, but stripping the RS4 shell and the 1.8T was all my work and puting it all back together was all my work.

nice looks really cool, an expensive projct I bet but it is worth it..!!

DOC YOUR CAR LOOKS THE BIZZZ! LOVE IT IF U EVER DECIDE TO SELL IT LET ME KNOW. STUPID QUESTION BUT WORTH ASKING :ermm: YOUR CAR IS ONE OF A KIND!