1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fmic fitment a3 tqs

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by bansheeboyo, Jul 2, 2009.

1. bansheeboyo

bansheeboyo Member

wil a s3 forge fmic fit a 1.8tqs
    cheers scott

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

the actual cooler will fit but i'm pretty sure the pipe work will be different as the S3 has 2 side mounted coolers where as the TQS only has 1

4. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

by what ive been told, the cooler will probally fit, it doesnt fit the s3 snug i dont think anyway, few cuts on the front bumoper etc, secondly the piping is different, i think the manifold is the other way round on an s3, so youve got to bring a certain pipe around to the a3s side, i dont make much sense, look a few posts down for fmic and youll see a massive thread on it, towards the end is a bit about fitting it on a tqs, you can get one fore half the cost of forge from ah fabrications,, a memeber done it for the first time,, his fmic thread should help.

5. IIIadidasboy

IIIadidasboy Member

It's not a straight fit kit - as already said. But I know a few A3 owners on here have already fitted a fmic, although not necessarily a forge item.

6. Forge

Forge Member

we will be developing a dedicated FMIC for the A3 in the next few months

7. IIIadidasboy

IIIadidasboy Member

Would that be a kit or just the core? any details you can share (will we be able to retain the fogs etc) or ideas on costs etc yet?

8. Forge

Forge Member

when we get there it will be a full kit , with all piping and a modified crash bar , we will need to see if it will fit with fogs but we will try to make it universal , cost will be in line with the rest of our range