FMCL007P DV unscrewing

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

Anyone know the best way to unscrew the top of the valve without scratching it?

Cheers

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Al,

You should be able to do it with your hand... May be a bit tight but should give. Try using a damp cloth over it to gtip is a bit better.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Tried it by hand Rich, and its way to tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

D'oH! You could try some penetrating oil on it to see if it can work its way in and make it easier to undo!?

Rich

Thats an idea.

Its a stupid design when you think about it. It obviously needs to be tight, but a cylinder shape doesn't help undoing it. Should have been hexagonal or something, then two adjustable spanners could be used! :)

AL

[ QUOTE ]
Thats an idea.

Its a stupid design when you think about it. It obviously needs to be tight, but a cylinder shape doesn't help undoing it. Should have been hexagonal or something, then two adjustable spanners could be used! :)

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a little. Or use small sbrews round the endge to clamp it down instead of screw one.

Rich

Well, I do have a DV006 as well, which uses bolts to keep the two halves together - only problem is its a big chunky thing, and I like the small neatness of the 007.

PS: Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. So I'll ask here...do you know what the standard boost pressure should be for the S3 225? In PSI.

I've ordered the spring tuning kit from forge you see, so I'll be playing around with the different springs soon.

Cheers

AL

What he said! ^^^ Its either 0.8 or 0.9 bar...between 12 and 13psi

Rich

ps - inbox is empty again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi al

Try a pair of rubber gloves thats what i used.

Rubber gloves worked. Thing is, it already has a green spring in. So didn't really need the DV tuning kit with extra springs. Ah well only a tenner.

At least yours was tight AL, mine kept on ****** unscrewing itself, meaing a drop off in boost. I ended up putting a bit of locktight on the thread in the end.