Flywheel Replacement TDI

locost47

Reaction score
My Flywheel / DMF Seems to be on the way out as on idle there is a cracking/rattling sound and I have noticed that the clutch has started to slip occasionally, The Vosa recall posted on the site a few months back listed my chassis number for flywheel replacement, after contacting my local dealer and Audi customer services UK I have been told their is no recall for my car... is there anyone else I can contact with this problem at Audi that may of be some help? Car is an 04 2.0TDI 114,000 miles so I may be pushing my luck trying to get a replacement..lol Thanks!

if you are going to buy a flywheel i think it dual 1 on the 2.0 tdi i would get a single stronger and last longer...

Was thinking of that option, does the single have any adverse side effects? rougher gear changes vibrations? Im hoping Audi will give me some kind of goodwill gesture towards the repair as the car is on a recall and I had a clio before, that had 100,000 still on the original clutch didn't spend a penny on it for 5 years apart from regular servicing..lol Just need to get the contact details of the Boss of UK audi to see if he can help...

PM me your chassis number and ill make sure it isa recall. If it is just print off the VOSA recall page and take it in to Audi. It doesn't matter how many miles you've done, if its a recall its a recall, end of.

I am so glad i have just seen this thread< as i have checked my Chassis number and my car seems to be a recall, can someone confirm this: WAUZZ8P14A1487**

Just checked mine on that website, and mine falls into the recall category.

So if I was to take the car to Audi, what are the realistic chances that they will do anything?

PM me your chassis number and ill make sure it isa recall. If it is just print off the VOSA recall page and take it in to Audi. It doesn't matter how many miles you've done, if its a recall its a recall, end of.

PM Sent, Cheers!

Hi I have an Audi Auto DSG 2.0 TDI 2006 with 46k, I put the car in for a check up as stalling they found no problems....by one! apparently the flywheel needs replacing but because it is auto it in not been recalled only manuals! Audi have offered me a goodwill gesture of 25% off the repair price as out of warrenty and I didnt use them for my last service. Even though I brought it from them as an ex demo and up till now it was serviced with them.......

I have had none of the syptoms that a flywheel problem should have and Audi still want £1,200.00 after good will gesture........help I really dont have this kind of money.....advice please thank you

Hi I have an Audi A3 DSG 2006 with 46,000 miles and Audi have just told me I need a new flywheel.......but i dont have and crackling/rattling sounds? I brought the car from them had it serviced by them but not my last one. I have contacted my local dealer and Audi UK who have offered me 25% goodwill gesture which still brings the repair to £1,200.00, the manual was recalled but the auto hasnt been as no problems reported......well here is one???

I really dont know what to do get it repaired (but no problem!) or sell my car? only worth now £11k if lucky......advice please thank you