1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluid leak possibly power steering

Jezzas3s Jun 29, 2013

1. Jezzas3s

Jezzas3s New Member

Hi everyone,

My car was up on a ramp last week and i spotted a stained area near the rear passenger side jack pad point. There was a small droplet of oil and i wiped it and it was a yellow/green colour. Thought it was weird and thought nothing more of it. Didnt think it would be brake oil as i couldn't see any brake lines running that way, plus it was coming from inside the rubber seal area.

Just took a pic of that area:

[​IMG]

And then today i spotted a dripping of fluid from the front right side that would almost be directly under the power steering fluid tank. Have taken a pic of that area as well, it was coming from the tray nut thats a bit rusty:

[​IMG]

Anyone had similar issues with the rear leak i have got?

Taking it to Audi next week for a free vehicle health check to see what they can pick up.

2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Well the Power steering fluid is green, so i would say power steering lines

3. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

i can confirm its green as i literally just took a hose off and got it in my face

4. Jezzas3s

Jezzas3s New Member

Ok thats good to know, still seems weird that im getting a leak at the back of the car.

Audi will do a health check but they wont be able to tell me where the leak is coming from unless i pay £98 for a diagnostic check which is ridiculous.

5. Jezzas3s

Jezzas3s New Member

Well i found the leaking pipe:

[​IMG]

New one ordered from tps at £58 i think.