1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLIP KEY AND TAIL LIGHT QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by MoRe_ThAn_QuAttRo, Jul 31, 2006.

1. MoRe_ThAn_QuAttRo

MoRe_ThAn_QuAttRo New Member

Listen I dont know if all you b5 members with older a4's hate the fact that we dont have a flip key only a remote and key seperate. I dont like to carry both cause they are bulky and make no sense of being seperate. NOW can i buy a Uncut flip key and get the dealer to cut it for me and will it work in my car??? Also would he be able to program the newer remote with my cars info??? My car a 97 a4. Any info would be appreciated.

LIGHTS

Well i also dont like my tail lights on my 97 a4. i really like the 98.5 is it possible to put them in with out modifications or do i also have to get a light harness from a 99 or something?? cause the way the blinker and the stop lights are positioned looked different to me?? Thanks for those who do respond.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

Hiya, i am not sure about the flip key as there are so many types available, however i do know that the later lights will fit as long as you have the bulb holders to go with them. You may have to swap a few wires around to get the reverse light and the indicators in the right position though

4. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

A lot of us do have flip keys as standard, i think they started it in 98?

You can buy an un cut flip key, get the key cut and the RCL mapped to your car. Not sure how much it will cost, but you can do it.

Rear light wiring is different. You would need the latter bulb housing and to do some wiring seperately