Flickering Xenons

ianmack

Reaction score
Hello Peeps, prepare to be dazzled.

I am having problem with me Xenon's ooerr missus!
I'm noticing they flicker as I'm going over bumps and driving on the edge (q top gun theme tune!!) (/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif)

I have also been flashed by oncoming vehicles who I assume are getting dazzled or are acknowledging such a fine looking car!

I've already had them in to get adjusted for being too low.

Now I suspect they are two high as I can hit a beam of xenon powered rays onto an overhead motorway sign from about a mile away!! I don't know if this is caused by the flickering, Any thoughts?

Ian

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Mmmmmm i`d say they are too high, mine dont actually flicker but it looks like it, its hard to explain.... the very edges of the xenon beams kind of flicker. apart from that ive only had them point up once..... the road was well bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I had to take my S3 back twice to get a problem with the automatic levelling of the Xenon's sorted out - the first time they'd not met it before (early S3) and they replaced the entire headlight unit, next time just the levelling sensor (think it's attached to the suspension somewhere).

Maybe it's worth getting them to check that, the beam may be creeping up, hence blinding people, or creeping down leading you to think they're too low...). Park it up and sit and watch, when mine were playing up they used to go up and down of their own accord quite noticeably - weird. They also had a nasty habit of suddenly dipping mid corner, wipe clean seats being useful...

I've only noticed flickering when switching them on, but there is a kind of flickery effect with them sometimes at the edges, think this is normal.

the leveling arm is attached to the rear axel/suspension or the car i know as mine came lose and kept making a tapping noise on the car.