flickering headlight

hades-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
xeon light flickering
most common reason they flicker
or am i better off geting bulbs and a ballast and doing them all at once
as i cant be ***** to keep takeing the bumper off
i know someone will say swap them round but id rather have the bumper off once only
TIA

I had that on my B7 S4, Audi fixed under warranty, needed a replacement sender unit.

I had it on mine would flicker and sometimes turn off . took car back and they said they just replaced the bulbs and all ok now.

Common issues with this fault description on various cars, ballast, bulb & even headlight switch, only way to determine tbh mate is to swap bits around or could cost a few pennies to change all.

i had this on mine both of my headlights would go off at different times, i bought new oem bulbs and its been fine ever since, i changed mine without removing the bumper also.

i had this on mine both of my headlights would go off at different times, i bought new oem bulbs and its been fine ever since, i changed mine without removing the bumper also.

One of my lights began flickering randomly yesterday but went away afterwards. Thinking of replacing both for some 6000k ones. Anybody know the bulb type for the OEM bi-xenons and also how difficult are they to change without removing the front bumper? Do the headlights come out without taking the bumper of or do you just make space behind the unit (i.e. dismount PAS fluid resevoir etc.)?

Thanks in advance, Az.

x2

mine had been flickering for nearly a year - finally gave in and bought 2 x OSRAM 66144 XENARC D1S 35W HID XENON REPLACEMENT BULBS for £90 delivered from HIDS Direct Ltd.. and hey presto, all fixed

goose

On mine it was the bulb, changed them for some unkown make off ebay for £38 for 5300K (same as OEM) and been fine since, (that was 12K miles ago). Also headlight can be removed without bumper removal but you will need a very long T20 to remove the bottom screw.

Will be the bulb happened to me. You will not get warning light out.

Just buy a pair and fit both of them at least you know you have changed 2. I got 2x 4300k OEM on ebay for £80

xeon light flickering
most common reason they flicker
or am i better off geting bulbs and a ballast and doing them all at once
as i cant be ***** to keep takeing the bumper off
i know someone will say swap them round but id rather have the bumper off once only
TIA

On mine it was the bulb, changed them for some unkown make off ebay for £38 for 5300K (same as OEM) and been fine since, (that was 12K miles ago). Also headlight can be removed without bumper removal but you will need a very long T20 to remove the bottom screw.

Do the headlights need to be removed in order to change the bulbs or can they be replaced as they are (moving the PAS fluid reservoir etc.)?

Do the headlights need to be removed in order to change the bulbs or can they be replaced as they are (moving the PAS fluid reservoir etc.)?

my local VAG indy managed to do it without removing the bumper, however it cost me 45 mins labour - but well worth it!

goose

They still removed the headlights though I take it or don't you know?

nope - he told me that they loosened things off, but didnt remove the bumper or headlights... oh and got the youngest, small-handed yoof in the workshop to do it!

goose