1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat spots

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Perplexer, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Perplexer

Perplexer Member

[Dec 20, 2011]
    I recently noticed that I sometimes get a flatspot at around 5200 - 5500 RPM. I can't reproduce it everytime I go through this rev range, but it does catch me a out sometimes.

Is there any advice on what this could be or could be leading to? I am due a service soon and will bring this up then but would be great to have some backgroung information if possible.

02 S3 unmodified.

Maybe its complaining about it not being washed and polished for too long? :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. knoxie

knoxie K4OXE

[Dec 20, 2011]
    mine also does this and is also an 02 plate unmodified s3 :)
  4. cagiti

cagiti Member

[May 10, 2012]
    Hi guys, any information on this topic would be awesome!

I am experiencing the same issue, although I don't have any fault codes as of yet.

My issues started with a pressure issue, so I replaced the pipe to the FPR and then I replaced the MAF sensor...seemed a lot better then it developed a flat spot?! No mods either, 78k and due a service (could that be it, plugs could be shagged from the previous issues?)!

Anyway, any help is grately appreciated!
  5. knoxie

knoxie K4OXE

[May 11, 2012]
    i know its not really a solution but after mapping mine it has seemed to have gone, or at least its now that small i dont notice
  6. cagiti

cagiti Member

[May 11, 2012]
    Update: I read a few posts from tuffty saying that it may be something related to a Bosch MAF if purchased from a local motorfactors. My MAF is a bosch one which wasn't bought from AUDI, although even after I disconnected it I still had a couple of small flat spots at 5000rpm. BUT, when accelerating hard then pressing the foot brake the pedal is rock solid and then it eases. I also notice this behaviour after the car has been sitting in cruise control for a couple of minutes...anyone else had this behaviour?

Cheers for reading guys, any help is always welcome!! :eek:)
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  7. cagiti

cagiti Member

[May 12, 2012]
    Anyone have any ideas why my brake pedal would be so hard after the cruise control has been on for a couple of minutes, it's more noticeable when doing around 70mph on the motorway.
  8. James TQ

James TQ Member

[May 12, 2012]
    i had flat spots come and go in second and third on and off, i took out the MAF spayed with elctrical cleaner, replaced the spark plugs and then I found a vacuum leak in a hose, its stopped the flat spots and uses much less fuel!!