Flat Spots On Rear Passenger Tyre?

pazaz

Reaction score
Just noticed some obvious flat spots on the inside or my passenger rear tyre. Probably the slight rumbling noise that I can hear.

This has happened to a mate of mine who confirmed its a common problem.

Anybody heard of this and any ideas as to the cause?

Cheers again!!

SOUND LIKE TOO MANY HAND BRAKE TURNS LOL I NEVER HURD OF IT ,,,,,

If its a non asymmetric F1 then thats just what they do !

Goodyear eagle F1 and Asymmetric F1
Two types of Eagle F1 tyre. The non isometrics tend to turn into 50p pieces about half way through their lives.

Cheers for that! Just checked and its a Dunlop SP Sports Maxx which probably has about 3mm left.

I've heard about this on other tyres as well. Didn't get it confirmed but apparentley the tyre wall starts to break down and the tyre looses its rigidity hence 50p shape. Best to get the wheel checked for any defects but new tyres should sort it - Lets face it with 3mm left you're only postponing the inevitable anyway.

Yeah & try to bring it up as a warranty, manufacturing issue with Goodyear & see how far you get, one of the most ridiculous companies I know of tbh, I'll never buy premium tyres ever again.

3mm is still a tyre with use, limited but still roadworthy, why you should be forced to buy new tyres by a crap company before there time has come is absolute diabolical.

Isn't 'non asymmetric' just symmetric? lol.

I'm pretty sure its a common problem, my tyres have done the same thing.