1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flat spot????

ollyste Apr 20, 2006

1. ollyste

ollyste Member

Seems fine 1st 2nd 3rd but 4th when accelerating through 3k revs there seems to be a pause in power( not misfiring tho).
    I have noticed this in 5th and 6th aswell.
    So can anyone tell me why that is plz??
    Not had the car long(6 months)and its a remapped 1999 s3 and is just coming up to 70k.
    AFAIK the MAF has already been changed if it could be this and its the original DV valve( have a spare on hand)

2. madvw

madvw Active Member

let us guess, there's a pause in acceleration, but the revs continue to rise then it catches up? or just a pause?

3. ollyste

ollyste Member

yes thats how i would describe it as the catching up part and not just a pause

4. madvw

madvw Active Member

sounds like the clutch or dual mass flywheel problem, theres a long discussion on this somewhere.

5. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

Ollyste,

You are one of many mate. Do a search on this A3/S3 forum, you will get loads of intances of people discussing a "pause" or "hesitation" issue - me being one of the main culprits! Sorry.

You'll come across loads of my (and others) ramblings on what I have tried. It bores me too!! :) I have tried all sorts.

Best of luck.

AL

6. TanyaS3

TanyaS3 Member

I get this pause/hesitation on mine 2. Have no idea what it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. Yep, S3 owners love tracking this down. In my case, which was producing the same symptoms as you describe, it was a slipping clutch. I now have an uprated clutch and all's fine.

You can read my story here (warning: it's rather long):

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...rt=all&vc=1

8. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

9. ollyste

ollyste Member

Not convinced its clutch or fly wheel related cos i have the receipt of both being replaced within the last 18 months at a cost of over a grand from the previous owner!!