Flat Bottom Steering wheel and Black Edition Wheels on a S Line

MattyW19

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I've been looking at a few models and couldn't make my mind up! I've made my mind up on a White 1.4T S Line which I would be hoping to order for March 11. However, I have a few questions on extras that I am looking at. I am going to order it with the Privacy glass and the iPod Dock.

Is it possible to get the Black edition wheels on the S Line - if so are they called '18" 5 segment-spoke design alloy wheels' which are on drivethedeal at £350? I really like these wheels as it think it sets the car off with the tinted windows.

Also, I have asked this question before but didn't respond an answer I was looking for!! I really really really like the flat bottom steering wheel, is this possible to order too? I notice someone on this forum has uploaded pictures of his Black and White 1.4T S Line and he has them on both cars! Anyone know what kind of price should I be expecting to pay - as if it's expensive then I'll just stick to the round one!! :racer:

Thanks in advance

the 5 segment spoke alloys are the new style RS6s. black edition wheels are only available on the black edition according to the A3 brochure on the audi website.

using the same brochure the FB wheel is standard on the BE and any S3. it's not available as a factory option. you get a 3 spoke MFSW tho, and it'll cost you around £500 to get the wheel and you could sell yours. it might be a straight swap, but check with someone that you don't need a new ECU or slip ring because i'm not sure. you might be able to sell your old wheel to recoup some of the costs, but considering that most ppl tend to swap their wheels for FB ones you may not get all that much for it.

tbh if you want those extras you might as well go for a BE. the cost is so marginally higher that it's a lot less cost effective to go for a "standard" S-Line. all you'd need is the Xenon lights and BOSE specced and it'd be cheaper to get a BE, plus it comes with more options as standard.

Last edited:
I forgot the Xenon headlights - I want them too! I will ask this Sunday at Audi how much the steering wheel is and if it's that region, i'll just stick to the normal one as I still like it. I mainly did want the wheels to be honest, but I have heard that there is a delay - and I wouldn't want that delaying the car! I'll see what happens on Sunday!

Hi,

Recently I've been looking at a few models and couldn't make my mind up! I've made my mind up on a White 1.4T S Line which I would be hoping to order for March 11. However, I have a few questions on extras that I am looking at. I am going to order it with the Privacy glass and the iPod Dock.

Is it possible to get the Black edition wheels on the S Line - if so are they called '18" 5 segment-spoke design alloy wheels' which are on drivethedeal at £350? I really like these wheels as it think it sets the car off with the tinted windows.

Also, I have asked this question before but didn't respond an answer I was looking for!! I really really really like the flat bottom steering wheel, is this possible to order too? I notice someone on this forum has uploaded pictures of his Black and White 1.4T S Line and he has them on both cars! Anyone know what kind of price should I be expecting to pay - as if it's expensive then I'll just stick to the round one!! :racer:

Thanks in advance

that would be me :) you can get the flat bottom steering wheel yes, it cost me 350 EUR as an extra, and yes you can get black edition wheels, i was a bit annoyed because once my car had arrived i saw a new black edition in the showroom and asked straight away about the BE wheels and my dealer stated you can have them. i dont know if charging the ipod is what you want but my car came with the aux input which will give you the same functionality. what other extras are you thinking about? and also what colour ?

that would be me :) you can get the flat bottom steering wheel yes, it cost me 350 EUR as an extra, and yes you can get black edition wheels, i was a bit annoyed because once my car had arrived i saw a new black edition in the showroom and asked straight away about the BE wheels and my dealer stated you can have them. i dont know if charging the ipod is what you want but my car came with the aux input which will give you the same functionality. what other extras are you thinking about? and also what colour ?

Yes it was you - I was looking at your pictures for ages - they look mint!! :) I can understand how annoyed you were about the wheels - how come you didn't end up getting them? I just like the way the dock connects up to the radio so I can flick throught the songs, I think I will need an adaptor as I was planning on using my iPhone 4 - but I might just buy an iPod for the car. Is the aux input the one that requires the cable?

It's basically like your white one, with BE wheels and privacy glass, iPod dock and Xenon headlights. I just really like the steering wheel, but I find it very expensive for what it actually is - i'll have to think about that one! I'm after it in ibis white. How are you finding the 1.4T engine?

I forgot the Xenon headlights - I want them too! I will ask this Sunday at Audi how much the steering wheel is and if it's that region, i'll just stick to the normal one as I still like it. I mainly did want the wheels to be honest, but I have heard that there is a delay - and I wouldn't want that delaying the car! I'll see what happens on Sunday!

no point going to Audi. wheel will cost you in the region of 1k from them. check out eBay. delay wise, my understanding is that one of the reasons is the black headlining (that also comes on the S-Line). therefore i don't think there'll be much difference between a BE and a regular S-Line. i may be wrong tho, so worth asking.

that would be me :) you can get the flat bottom steering wheel yes, it cost me 350 EUR as an extra, and yes you can get black edition wheels

must be market specific. the UK brochure doesn't offer either.

oh yeah sorry i forgot to mention - i wouldn't get a car you're not 100% happy with just to save a month or two. you'll always regret it, esp when a BE drives past.

Yes it was you - I was looking at your pictures for ages - they look mint!! :) I can understand how annoyed you were about the wheels - how come you didn't end up getting them? I just like the way the dock connects up to the radio so I can flick throught the songs, I think I will need an adaptor as I was planning on using my iPhone 4 - but I might just buy an iPod for the car. Is the aux input the one that requires the cable?

It's basically like your white one, with BE wheels and privacy glass, iPod dock and Xenon headlights. I just really like the steering wheel, but I find it very expensive for what it actually is - i'll have to think about that one! I'm after it in ibis white. How are you finding the 1.4T engine?

Are you buying the car new ? if so the xenon headlights were 1200 EUR for me as an upgrade, the flatbottom steerin wheel is definately worth getting, believe me you wont regret it, with the 1.4T i wasnt expecting much but i have been very supprised actually, its a really nice engine, i will get it remapped at some point but im in no hurry at the moment, it will easily keep up with standard 1.8TFSI A4's as i found yesterday :D the wheels didnt bother me overly much because i really like the RS6 style wheels - but the BE wheels are very nice.

Yes, I'm planning on purchasing new. It's not the money side from the black edition, it's what I can get insured on - and I prefer the petrol! The Xenon lights are just over £500 here, so I thought there well worth it! I will have a look on Sunday see what the prices are and go from there! Thanks

Yes, I'm planning on purchasing new. It's not the money side from the black edition, it's what I can get insured on - and I prefer the petrol! The Xenon lights are just over £500 here, so I thought there well worth it! I will have a look on Sunday see what the prices are and go from there! Thanks

The lights are definately well worth it! i got the 1.4T for the same reason (insurance) and it had more power 35bhp more than the 1.6 - if you are buying the car on Finance i would recommend getting every extra you really want as you wont be looking back and regretting it, and the monthly repayments really arent that badly affected my partners car the black one was 4k more than mine and she pays 20 EUR more a month, so i would definately reccomend getting exactly what you want.

Let me know how things go mate.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

My mate and I both ordered our cars at the same time he went for the SLine and added all the BE parts apart from FB wheel and black grill. He ended up getting his car 3 weeks before me (from a different dealer) but then i pulled up in my BE and paid quite abit less (before the good deal :p).

I would suggest checking them both out ! 3 weeks was not that long it soon came around and im so glad i waited for the perfect car!!!!