Flashing glow plug light of doom

Sp3no82

Reaction score
I swear to god this car will be the death of me, its going in for a new clutch and flywheel in the morning so obviously it decided that one problem was not enough and threw up the glow plug flashing light of doom this evening. I have just plugged it in to VCDS and this is what I got.
Is it a simple case of change the ,mass air flow sensor or is this a clue to a bigger issue.

2 Faults Found:
005214 - Mass Air Flow during Regeneration too Low
P145E - 006 - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 0 km
Time Indication: 0
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1568 /min
Torque: 48.0 Nm
Speed: 70.0 km/h
0.00 %
85.41 %
Mass Air / Rev.: 343.4 mg/str
Mass Air / Rev.: 648.6 mg/str
012546 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157)
P3102 - 006 - No Signal - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 0 km
Time Indication: 0
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 0 /min
Torque: 144.0 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
0.00 %
Voltage: 12.88 V
Torque: 1016.0 Nm
Torque: 0.0 Nm
Readiness: N/A

cheers in advance

Unplug your MAF and drive the car and see if it runs better and without the glow plug light coming back on or flickering on and off under load first of all.

First easy fix, possible temporary is to remove the MAF and clean it with contact cleaner.

Unfortunately you may well need a new maf sensor and a new Motorized intake Manifold Flap, this is very common I'm afraid. But start off with the cheap and free options first and see if you are lucky. When it comes to buying a MAF, do not buy the cheap non OEM version on eBay around 20 to 30 quid as this will often throw 3 more codes your way. But OEM. Hope this helps buddy.

Many thanks for the reply Steve much appreciated. I will try your cheap fix first. Now I'm a bit confused by what actually is the intake manifold flap, is it the anti shudder valve attached to the EGR or is it the motor controlling the many flaps inside the inlet manifold. During seaches some say its one and some say its the other

Apologies for the late reply as I have bought a project car. To me the intake manifold flap is inside the throttle body. But to access it, it is the egr which you have to remove. In this video at 1:47 you will see the intake valve with the flap on the left and the egr flap on the right.