Flashing glow lamp light with car in limp mode - 2010 Audi A5 2.0 TDI

Misterdavy

Reaction score
I recently brought an 2010 a5 2.0 TDI and yesterday after a drive down the m25 and leaving the car for couple of hours, on the way back the glow plug light started flashing with the car going into limp mode. Had a pal plug it in and it comes up with 2 errors, first being 'particulate air filter' and other being 'intake manifold'.... can any of these 2 contribute to the limp mode??

Yes, the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) can cause limp mode. Your car will now also need a forced regeneration which can only be done with VCDS or the dealer. DO NOT drive it other than to do the regen, otherwise you will clog the DPF and it will need changed at the cost of £1000's!! The car does regens constantly, but if there is a fault (intake manifold fault?) it can prevent the system doing them. I had the same when my EGR failed. Fix the fault (EGR in my case) and THEN do the regen. The car will not allow you to do a forced regeneration or any kind of regeneration if there is a fault that is linked to the regeneration system working properly.

Quite likely that your intake manifold fault has caused your DPF issue. Fix it, do a regen and should be good to go.

Do you know if it's had the emissions scandal update recently by any chance ? If you search online , Facebook etc , you'll see a growing number of people having this exact issue post update .