1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing code

bobby m Feb 10, 2007

1. bobby m

bobby m New Member

Hi There
    New to this site and also new to audi's(Excellent site i must say).
    The problem i have well not so much of a problem more curious than out else is on start up i get some beeps and a code i think saying " IN 2 " in the trip milage display.Obviously its there for a reason but do i need to be concerned about it.could it be related to my next question
    Its a 1996 1.9 TDI.
    Also can i ask if anybody knows if i can put the diesel injectors from a 110bhp car into the 90bhp car as one of mine has packed up the one with the wire coming out of it and is unrepairable the reason i ask is i can get the 110bhp ones very cheap off a friend will i have any problems in doing so and will i see an increase in performance.
    Many thanks in advance

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The IN 2 warning is just to remind you you're due a service.
    In 1 is an inspection service
    In 2 is a major service

3. bobby m

bobby m New Member

Thanks Andymac for the quick reply is there any way to remove this code as i do my own services.

4. shineydave

shineydave Member

you can prevent it appearing in the DIS by following the instructions i the owners manual, it's something to do with pulling out the left hand stalk that sits in the dash but i can't remember the exact sequence, search the forum, it'll be posted somewhere.

this only prevents it appaearing AFAIK, to reset it completely you need to plug it into Vag-Com

5. mike-a

mike-a Member

The method shineydave mentions might not work on a 1996 car, didn't on mine.Only way you can reset them is with a full (ie bought) version of vagcom or visit a dealer or good independent garage.

6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

If your ever in the middlesbrough area I can rest for you.

7. NineNails

NineNails Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

Yeah but hang on though. When was it last serviced?? It's never good practice just to clear it without actually doing something about it.
    As mentioned above, I doubt you'll clear the warning with the stalk method. Welcome by the way :cool:

8. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

the service indicator isnt causing the beeping though, something else is causing that, depending on how many it could be low screenwash, fuel, coolant etc.