Flasher unit location anyone???

Abb

Reaction score
Hi guys, am still having trouble with my turn signals playing up. As stated in previous post indicators work fine, just randomly both turn signals flash four times on the dash whilst driving, as if the hazard light button had been pressed. All four indicators flash externally as well. Have removed and now replaced the hazard warning light switch, but it is still happening! Scanned car VCDS and no faults showing. Is there a separate flasher unit/relay located somewhere? Theres a few relays under the bonnet but no idea if its one of those. Help!!

Abb

I have a very similar problem and its getting worse. Mine seems to be the indicator stalk. Do you have "motorway indicators" - 3 flashes when touched? Mine does and my stalk mechanism is getting worn out and interacting with the logic behind the MW indicators it seems and making them both flash.

Mine doesn't happen all the time but it getting more and more often, worse when its cold. I sometimes even get a left indicator when indicating right.

I will replace the stalk to fix this as mines seems to be directly connected to the touch and feel of the stalk rather than something else.

Hope this might help, sorry if it doesn't, I'll only know if it does mine when I get the stalk ordered and fitted.

Regards,

Geoff

iv just changed a stalk on a A2 cos it was flashing all 4

hi Guys the flasher relay is located in the actual flasher unit check this out hope it helps
AUDI A4 B5 Turn Signal Relay Fix - YouTube

B5 uses a different system to the B6/7 so that wont help.

B6/7 uses 4 wire system which compromises of 2 grounds in & 2 wires direct to the central electrics module, B5 has a 10 pin connector on the hazard switch which also integrates the stalk indicator signals which is why it has more pins, B6/7 only 4.

I'm betting stalk or ce board atm, if no coding has been messed with having adverse effects.