flaps ???

myzeneye

Reaction score
can i get everyones opinion on mud flaps......

ive an A4 with 18" rs4's on and my car always seems to have road she'it sprayed all up the sides.
my mate suggested mud flaps, but i dont know ????
any one got any pictures or are there any particlular ones to look out for ???

i reckon they'd spoil the look meself, but ive never seen em on an a4 ???

tell me what you think gize.....

cheers

Mine has them and i think they look ok. If not a little narrow now it has wider wheels on it.
But they do the job ok.

It's obviously a question of priorities & personal taste, this one. From a priorities point of view, I prefer the car to look clean, & I want to minimise stone chipping on the sides of the car, so I always get mudflaps fitted. As far as taste is concerned, OEM Audi ones are good quality, look pretty good & blend in well with the black trims round the doors & back bumper. I suppose they may look strange on cars where the lower trims have been painted though.

cheers guys... ill see what the oem ones look like....
im still not convinced, but they do have a purpose....

any one got any pics of a b5 with them on ???

I dont think the flaps on the A4s look as good as on say evo's etc. On my old pug i had big rally flaps and i thought they looked well smart but others didnt agree. You can never please everyone.

They did annoy me abit when i had people in the back as it made them rub on the ground.

do audi do any sort of moulded flap that would follow or match the contours of the body, rather than just the squarish looking aftermarket types...???

The ones i have are Audi fit and are rounded etc.
Ill take a piccy and mail it to you.

[ QUOTE ]
myzeneye said:
do audi do any sort of moulded flap that would follow or match the contours of the body, rather than just the squarish looking aftermarket types...???

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the pics I've sent you. They are Audi OEM, & are perfectly contoured to the bodywork & the lower body mouldings

cheers markey and jeff.... most helpfull...
any idears on prices of oem ones ???
ill call in to the stealers this week if i get chance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
myzeneye said:
cheers markey and jeff.... most helpfull...
any idears on prices of oem ones ???
ill call in to the stealers this week if i get chance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about prices, cos I got the stealer to fit them as part of the deal when I bought it. Won't be cheap, though. Be prepared to pay £100 for the four, & anything less is a bonus.

nice one chaps.... this helps alot...

cheers mawhitey... can you show me a pic of the car with flaps as aposed to just the flaps....they look ok, but i need to see them of the car to get a better idea....

nice.... they're shaped well...
and the price is good, ive bought flaps for other motors before now and they've never been much more than £30 ish....

good effort all round chaps... a conclusion has been drawn.
ill ave' em'