1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flapping noise

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by , Dec 4, 2003.

1. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Feb 4, 2005]
    I have just noticed a flapping noise coming from the nearside rear of the car whenever i go over 80 mph. This is really annoying and stops when i slowdown ...go over 80 and it starts again! I have no tape or anything loose on the car and nothing hanging from underneath. Any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Online

[Dec 4, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Mine's in pristine condition - only been drooled on twice.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got 2 copies of the CSL brochure...will have to hang on to them!
  4. Online

[Dec 4, 2003]
    Hey, make sure you keep them in nice bags!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laughing.gif Learn from the comic book guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke.gif
  5. Online

[Dec 6, 2003]
  6. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Apr 15, 2005]
    yes I have the same mate in my A3. My car is lowered so it makes a noise over bumps too.

If you were to take the rear wheel off and then thge wheel mud trim guard you will see some vents with dumb ass plastic flaps, tape em down.

You can also see access to these by taking the rear boot section back panel off and looking down towards the wheel arear with a torch.

Good luck.
  7. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Apr 15, 2005]
    Yeah i think i know what it is its the inner linning of the arch flapping at the bottom...im taking it to the dealer its all going bloody wrong! The window switch on passenger door needs replacing, my central locking is sticking, my cd player is having errors and radio cuts out.....jesus i should of stayed with Japanese cars if i wanted to spend nearly 20 Grand on a car that goes bloody wrong i would of bought an Alfa!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
  8. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Apr 15, 2005]
    Oh yeah and the front spoiler is coming off..coming away from the screws....back bit of spoiler has come loose and the laquer on the bonnet is coming off as its gone rough in places! I give up ...luckily its still under waranty but bloody hell i aint impressed at all! Other than that its a great car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  9. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Apr 15, 2005]
    Possibly looking to buy a 2000 facelift A4 2.4 V6 5 speed

[​IMG]

What you think CJ?
  10. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Apr 15, 2005]
    Very nice mate nice indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  11. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Apr 15, 2005]
    V6 mmmmmm nice engine too! lots of stuff can be done to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif