1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F'king pot holes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Oranoco, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Just hit one this morning on my way to work. Was turning a tight left bend and my drivers side wheel took a wallop. :(

It's done something as teh car doesn't drive right and it now pulls right a little under acceleration and to the left under braking and I have a vibration through the brakes when stopping from about 40mph.

I am beyond fuming right now. Despite working for the local authority as a street lighting engineer I am having a total mare trying to find who I need to speak to to report the pot hole and tell them I want to claim.

Not a happy man :rtfm:

2. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

Take a photo of pothole and date it apparentley councils all over the UK are having record claims against them for the damage caused to vehicles because of poor/**** road surfaces.
    Don't let them fob you off good luck.

3. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

Mate its probably bent something under there ever so slightly, go get em!

4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Get pix quick and of the hole and surrounding areas, so they cannot question that its elsewhere, also see if you can date stamp them as well, just to cover your back, make them pay, after all, we are paying our taxes to have this sort of situation sorted arent we???!!!???

Good luck.

5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

They seem to fin the money to ruin the roads with speed humps etc. Wish they would concentrate some of that money into maintaining the network we have

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Ye it can take 90 days but definitely follow up as they are obliged to keep the roads in a fit state, if there is a pothole not repaired & damages your car & proof of this then they will cover your repairs, I'm claiming for a tyre.

7. Neilybabs

Neilybabs New Member

Seconded Mr Nilz

8. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

the highways department have local offices bIve claimed for a whell and audi alignment when I bent a rim on a sunken grid iron