F'king pot holes

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Just hit one this morning on my way to work. Was turning a tight left bend and my drivers side wheel took a wallop. :(

It's done something as teh car doesn't drive right and it now pulls right a little under acceleration and to the left under braking and I have a vibration through the brakes when stopping from about 40mph.

I am beyond fuming right now. Despite working for the local authority as a street lighting engineer I am having a total mare trying to find who I need to speak to to report the pot hole and tell them I want to claim.

Not a happy man :rtfm:

Take a photo of pothole and date it apparentley councils all over the UK are having record claims against them for the damage caused to vehicles because of poor/**** road surfaces.
Don't let them fob you off good luck.

Mate its probably bent something under there ever so slightly, go get em!

Get pix quick and of the hole and surrounding areas, so they cannot question that its elsewhere, also see if you can date stamp them as well, just to cover your back, make them pay, after all, we are paying our taxes to have this sort of situation sorted arent we???!!!???

Good luck.

They seem to fin the money to ruin the roads with speed humps etc. Wish they would concentrate some of that money into maintaining the network we have

Ye it can take 90 days but definitely follow up as they are obliged to keep the roads in a fit state, if there is a pothole not repaired & damages your car & proof of this then they will cover your repairs, I'm claiming for a tyre.

the highways department have local offices bIve claimed for a whell and audi alignment when I bent a rim on a sunken grid iron